What is the Difference Between Fractional Laser and Laser Genesis for Treating Acne Scars?

I've been trying to treat my acne scars from a long time, the last treatment i have followed was derma roller and it didn't work.. One doctor has advised me to go for laser genisis and another doctor told me to go for fractional laser.. am confused now .. my acne scars are almost 5 years old

Laser Genesis

+1

Fractional lasers are semi-ablative, the Genesis is not.  There is no scabbing with the Genesis. Thank you for your question and good luck with everything.

Danville Plastic Surgeon

Fractional Lasers vs. Laser Genesis

+1

Fractional laser treatment is a non-invasive treatment that uses a device to deliver a laser beam divided into thousands of microscopic treatment zones that target a fraction of the skin at a time.  Ablative lasers treat the entire surface of the skin, while fractional lasers treat spots that are separated by areas of untreated normal skin. The epidermis(superficial skin) and dermis (deeper skin layers) are both affected by this type of laser. The first fractional laser marketed was the Fraxel® device. There are now a number of machines available that use fractional technology, based on erbium:YAG lasers for superficial treatments and CO2 lasers for deeper treatments. This laser is used primarily to tighten the skin and reduce wrinkles.

Laser Genesis is a 1064 nM ND:Yag laser used to achieve vibrant, even skin tone and smooth texture in both men and women. Light penetrates deeply into the skin where collagen is manufactured, stimulating an increase of new collagen production. Unlike harsher methods, this is done without destroying the upper layers of skin (non-ablative). The epidermis is spared and the dermis targeted with this type of treatment. This laser to a lesser degree reduces wrinkles by gently heating the dermis. It also corrects diffuse redness, rosacea; smoothes skin texture, and shrinks pore size

Temp Patterson, MD
Burley Facial Plastic Surgeon