Difference Between VelaShape and ReFirme?

I have a friend who is interested in having VelaSmooth done on her neck to achieve tightening. Will the results of VelaSmooth on this area be comparable to/better than the results of ReFirme done on the same area? How are these procedures different? Both procedures use the Elos technology, and it appears that the only difference is the suction (massage) effect.

ReFirme Best for Neck Tightening

+1

Thank you for your question. I would not suggest Velashape for tightening of the neck. At my practice, I have seen success with ReFirme. I have used ReFirme to effectively tighten skin at the neck and jaw. The ReFirme laser is a combination of infrared and radio energy, specially designed to activate natural collagen production and skin retraction. The result is tightened skin with fewer wrinkles. Natural collagen and healthy growth also restore a youthful glow, all without surgical invasion or recovery time.

ReFirme for nonsurgical neck tightening

+1

I would not even try to use VelaSmooth for neck tightening--the handpiece isn't made to treat such a small area.  And you have to apply pressure to make VelaSmooth treatments work, something you can't really do on the neck.

ReFirme is the better option for neck skin tightening.  And it's made to treat such areas.

Carmen Kavali, MD