What is the Difference Between Smoothshapes and Velashape?

VelaShape vs SmoothShapes for cellulite treatment

+2

Hi there,

Both devices are FDA approved for the treatment of cellulite.

VelaShape uses radio frequency, infra red light and mechanical (suction) energy to treat the problem.

SmoothShapes uses two different diode laser energies and mechanical (suction) energy to treat cellulite.

Both require a series of treatments. Usually, patients see improvement after about 4-5 sessions. The number of treatment sessions is about 8-10. I have performed clinical studies with the SmoothShapes and VelaSmooth devices and have demonstrated improvement with both products, six months after the last treatment. In both studies, patients felt the treatment was uncomfortable initially and then became less so with time. There is no "down"time and the treatment is non-invasive.

Hope this helps

SmoothShapes and Velashape

+1

Smoothshapes and velashape are both FDA aproved non invasive treatment for cellulite. I have used both devices. SmoothShapes uses two different laser frequency and mechanical (suction) energy to treat cellulite. VelaShape uses radio frequency energy and mechanical (suction) to treat the problem. My patients report that Smoothshapes treatment  is easier and more comfortable during the sessions when compared to Velashape. Based on the recommendation of our patients, we offer only Smoothshapes in our office. You will need at least 4 sessions to see improvement.  Additionally, we use Smoothshapes to treat or prevent lumps and bumps after liposuction. My patients love it.

Stanley Okoro, MD

Smoothshapes for Cellulite

+1

We have tried SmoothShapes & Velashape.  There is no question that SmoothShapes is a more comfortable treatment.  It is also very user dependent, as are the results.  The experience of the person performing the procedure is very important to your overall result.  I have been amazed at the results we have seen with SmoothShapes, really impressive for cellulite.  There are things that can be done to make the result even better, like using a heating pad prior to the treatment, is one example of something we do.  

Velashape can be used without a physician, SmoothShapes cannot.  Velashape has a pinching type sensation that I personally do not like, it also requires some lotion that my patients did not like. 

Melanie L. Petro, MD
Alabama Facial Plastic Surgeon