When Will I See Results from Liposuction on Thighs and Butt?

I went under the wet liposuction technique 7 days ago on my inner and outer thighs, plus buttocks. After 7 days, I was expecting to see at least a bit of my new shape and reduced size. Instead, my thighs are LARGER than they were before with no change in the pear-shape I was wanting to eliminate. Is this normal at this point? When might the results begin to appear?

Liposuction results?

+1

Swelling is part of the healing process.  I ask my liposuction patients to wear a compression garment for 4 weeks post op surgery to help with the swelling.  The swelling can take months to subside and even longer for skin to “redrape".  At that point you will see the final results. 

Best Wishes.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/procedure_liposuction.htm

Swelling after liposuction

+1

Your immediate liposuction results are not reflective of the long term results because of the distortion that swelling creates. If your doctor tells you how much supranatant fat was removed, it might reassure you that you will see a smaller shape as you continue to heal and contract for six months after liposuction.

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.