What is Difference Between Advanced CustomVue Wavefront & IFS 150 Intralase?

In UK there are these 2 as the top 2 options asides from standard Lasik/Lasek and I wanted to know what difference is before deciding whether it would be worth the difference in price £1590 compared to £2190

Advanced Wavefront Laser vs Intralase Laser

+1

Your question is a good one and implies the confusion that can occur when a patient begins doing research about Laser Vision Correction(Lasik and PRK). During the Lasik procedure, both of the lasers you mention are used. The Intralase laser is used to create the corneal flap that is the first step of the two step Lasik process. The second step of the Lasik procedure is the gentle reshaping of the cornea with an excimer laser and the advanced wavefront laser you mention is an example of one of the excimer lasers available.

I have been performing Laser Vision Correction in the United States for 17 years and before that in Toronto. I can honestly say that I have never seen a better, safer and more exacting array of lasers available as they are today. I had my nearsightedness and astigmatism corrected in 1994 and I can safely say that 2012 technology makes the laser platform I was treated under look archaic. The beauty, though, is that I am still 20/20 without glasses or contacts all these many years later. The miracle I recieved in my laser correction is just that and its life changing to boot!

Web reference: http://www.kameen.com

Baltimore Ophthalmologist

IntraLase is one step, CustomVue is another

+1

The IntraLase iFS 150 refers to the particular laser used to make the LASIK flap: the first step in the LASIK procedure.  CustomVue is a proprietary name for the measurement and correction of vision abnormalities (nearsightedness, farsightedness, astigmatism and abearrations.  This is the second step in the LASIK procedure.  You can have one, both or neither as part of your LASIK procedure.

Raleigh-Durham Ophthalmologist

CustomVue vs IntraLase

+1

CustomVue is the hi def option on the VISX laser

IntraLase is cutting the LASIK flap w a laser instead of a metal blade

or you can get Lasek which is noncutting 

New York Ophthalmologist