Difference Between Acculift and Lifestyle Lift?

Which one is better between Acculift and Lifestyle Lift, and how do they compare?

Acculift and Lifestyle Lift

+3

The is a LARGE difference. The Acculift is ONLY a laser tightening done under topical local or local injections. There is NO skin removal, tightening is minimal at best, length of longevity is a year to 2.

Vs the LSL, is a mini facelift with skin excision. Other names are the Quick Lift, Mini Face Lift, 1-Stitch Face Lift, S-Lift, Q-Lift, etc. It can be done under local or local deep sedation or light general. There are sutures places, There are incisions, There is healing of 1 to 2 weeks.

So you see, these are 2 completely differing treatments/operations. MY Fees are close to the same. around $4000 to $4500. Please understand results are very selective and patient specific.

Acculift and Lifestyle Lift

+2

The "Acculift" is a form of selective laser assisted lipolysis made by Lutronic which can be helpful for some patients.  Lifestyle Lift can be described as a company marketing a mini-lift.  The company describes the procedure as "revolutionary" in its marketing materials.  My experience with patients who have had it, the lack of a published article to describe it, and the opinions expressed on this website have shown it to be anything but.   View the 6 part series produced by the CBS affiliate in Atlanta to gain more insight.

Stephen Prendiville, MD
Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon

Acculift

+1

I did some research on the so called Acculift ( where do these guys come up with these names? ).  it is basically liposuction of the cheeks and neck done under local anesthesia.  it is not a true facelift, but if you have too much fullness in your cheeks and neck without much skin looseness, it is a reasonable option.  if you have looseness of your neck and jowls, you would be better off with a real facelift. Sorry, once again, no miracle here!

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

Difference between Acculift, LifeStyle Lift and other Mini Facelifts

+1

No the Acculift is not a substitute for  face lifting procedures or fillers . It is NOT a breakthrough procedure, rather using existing technology a small amount of local anesthesia to numb the treatment areas followed by 1 to 2 mm openings. Through these  openings, a  laser removes fat  (laser lipolysis - several companies offer machines that do this) and there is some limited  tightening of the skin due in part to heat generated. Unfortunately as we age we loose fat which is why Fillers are so popular. Why would you want to remove fat unless it was required??
Does it replace the need (or reduce it) for cosmetic fillers? - no it reduces volume does not replace it. I would think at best this technology would be used as an adjunct to existing techniques and that there is probably independent risk in using this technique.

Lifestyle Lift  a trademarked brand name and also is a chain of  facial cosmetic  clinics with headquarters in Troy, Michigan.
As advertised, the LIFESTYLE LIFT is a minimally invasive, short scar  lower face lift performed under local anesthesia and yes it involves cutting and sutures. The reason no one will tell you is probably because as far as I can tell there is no one specific technique, or even a published description of why this differs from other short scar techniques. It is performed by  Facial Plastic Surgeons, Head and Neck Surgeons, and Plastic Surgeons..

The LifeStyle Lift is a proprietary heavily branded type of mini lift.  It is a mini-lift under my reasoning that it is focused on the lower face, does not require general anesthesia, and has abbreviated incisions, takes a shorter time to perform and recover from in comparison to a traditional facelift. But then again there are lots of mini-lifts that offer similar claims.
The mini-lifts may be tough to choose from because of all the brand names such as LifeStyle Lift, S-Lift, Quick Lift, LiteLift, MACS and others.
There is however, a need for traditional facelifts. For example, if you have a large amount of redundant neck skin and fat or turkey waddle deformity, you may benefit more by liposuction and a traditional facelift which does better with lower neck skin redundancy.

Probably most important is the skill and experience of the surgeon. Always check out his/her before and after photos and ask to see long term results and most of all that he is trained and a  Board Certified Plastic Surgeon  or Board Certified Facial Plastic Surgeon with extensive experience over many years.
Remember it is the skill and experience of the surgeon that counts not the name !!  Great surgeons get great results, period. The best way to find one is to start with a  Board Certified Plastic Surgeon  or Board Certified Facial Plastic Surgeon with extensive experience over many years. Ask to see before and after photos, especially long term ones. and ask the number of times you will be seen afterwards by the surgeon rather than a medical assistant. A good place to start is "find a doctor" on the American Society of Plastic Surgeons or American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons web sites.

Larry S. Nichter, MD, MS, FACS

Acculift and Lifestyle Lift

+1

An Acculift is a laser lipolysis based procedure where one passes the fiber under the skin to achieve fat melting and skin tightening. The Accusculpt device is made by a company called Lutronic. I have personal experience with this device, as well as the Lifestyle Lift. Here are my thoughts:

The idea of laser lipo lifting without incisions and muscle suturing can be very effective in reversing certain signs of aging. In my experience, younger patients with less jowling and neck banding tend to be good candidates for this type of procedure. However, most patients I have seen tend to present later in the aging process, and hence the need for some type of facelifting procedure. That being said, Lifestyle Lift has spent alot of resources investigating this combined approach through the Innovation Center efforts, and the results have been very good. These results were presented at the 2012 ASLMS Meeting in Orlando, Florida. In these cases, one can address many of the traditional concerns, but add augmented skin tightening and fat melting to the facelift.

Your Lifestyle Lift physician will be able to figure through which direction might be best for you. Also, feel free to contact me privately through this site and I can share some of the specific data on the data presented at ASLMS.

Farhan Taghizadeh, MD
Albuquerque Facial Plastic Surgeon