Noticeable Difference on Abdomen with Fat Transfer to Breast?

I am having a Fat transfer from my abdomen to my left breast after having breast cancer 14 years ago. (Lumpectomy, auxillary lymph nodes, chemo and radiation.)

How much can they transfer at one time and will I notice a difference in my abdomen?

Fat grafting, breast contoring, lumpectomy, breast augmentation

+1

Dear Survivor1995

Fat transfer from the abdomen to the breast will at maximum increase the volume of the breast - approximately 1 cup size. This will depend on a variety of factors- scarring, existing tissue envelope, amount of fat transferred, and whether there is radiation changes in the tissue.

The amount of fat that can be harvested will depend on the quality/quantity of fat on your tummy and other areas. It is important to contour the tummy and not just harvest the fat!!

You may need more than one treatment to achieve the desired result. A device call the Brava Bra will help with increasing the survival of grafted fat- this process takes 6 weeks.

With Warm Regards,

Trevor M Born MD

Donor site change depends on the amount of fat harvested.

+1

This is a two pronged qeustion that confuses me.

Do you want abdominal liposuction or are you using it only as a donor site?

If you are using it as a donor site, than it really depends on the amount of fat harvested. IF under 100 cc is obtained, it is unlikely that you will see any significant difference.

IF you want abdominal liposuction, express this to your surgeon and they can intentionally remove significant amounts to make a difference.