How Much Difference is Between 325 MP and 375HP? (photo)

I went into my pre-op thinking the biggest I wanted was 325Mp I've been doing the rice test at home and was happy with 325, however based on our conversation my doctor recommends 375HP, I'm really nervous that will be to large for me. I'm a very active person. So really how much difference is between 325 and 375 under the muscle? Is it worth stressing out about or should I call and ask my doctor to order different ones maybe 350?

325 cc implants

+2

I think that you should tell your surgeon your concerns. While the rice test is not perfect, I find that it is a good barometer to know what my patients want. 50 cc difference will be noticeable.

Difference Between 325 MP and 375HP

+2

The difference in volume between the two implants is 50cc, so in a more common measurement that would be 3 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon. Not much. If 325 looks good in front of your skin (the rice test) then 375 will look about the same once it is compressed by your tissues lying over the implants.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Implant Selection Process

+1

Without examining you, I would guess the difference to be 1/3 to 1/2 cup size.   In order to make an accurate size recommendation, I would need to assess your chest wall and breast mound measurements and characteristics.  Unfortunately, there is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria to implant selection.

Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy and determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.
The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor.   The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant.   It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.
I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.
Dr. Gill

Paul S. Gill, MD

Use smallest size implant to achieve desired cup volume

+1

Unfortunately, you have not stated your bra size.  If you are size 32 or 34 each 100 cc of implant will correspond to 1 cup size change.  If you are size 36 or 38 each 200 cc of implant will correspond to 1 cup size change.  First, you have to determined what size you want to be and then select the implant size that will achieve that volume.  I recommend silicone gel placed retro-pectoral since they look and feel more natural.  The smaller the implant the less complications and the slower they will descend.  A simultaneous breast lift can increase upper pole fullness and allow the use of a smaller size implant.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Implants

+1

the correct size is the one that fits your breast width and chest wall. I personally am not a fan of the high profile implants although they are very popular in parts of the country. The have too much projection, are too round and do not have a natural look. I rarely use these for primary augmentation

Norman Bakshandeh, MD, FACS

How Much Difference is Between 325 MP and 375HP?

+1

Though all my expert colleagues are commenting on the 50 cc difference what troubles me is you really need to be on the same page as your chosen surgeon. For me a 50 cc difference is meaningless. If you were looking at 325 vs 425 than that could be very noticeable. If you want the slightly fuller look than 375 if a more natural look than 325, but it is YOUR decision. Internet advise is ONLY a lose guideline. 

High profile implant stretch tissues more

+1

Thank you for your question and for providing photos.  The best size implant for any patient is one that fits their breast width.  This is the most important consideration.  I am not a fan of high profile implants except in special situations.  You have very thin tissues and since high profile implants project more, you are probably going to have more obvious fullness in the upper pole, even submuscular.  A lot of people do not prefer this look.  Also, high profile implants stretch the tissues more so that over time, you will have more of a tendency to sag.  If you like the 325cc, go for the smaller volume.  The smaller the volume, the less the possible problems, such as sagging, rippling, etc.  Smaller volume implants do not eliminate these issues, but these issues are less likely.  In my practice you would not have high profile implants.  The goal is a good result with the least chance of problems.

Tracy M. Pfeifer, MD

Tracy Pfeifer, MD

+1

Thanks for the question. For a very active person even 50 cc more then what you have decided ( 325 cc MP) would be good choice. From just one image that  you have posted it seems that you hardly have skin enough to cover this size and it will be quite a job for your PS to create large enough pocket for you. All PS are very open to discussions and I am sure he will listen to your concern as well if you are not looking very projecting conical breast which they will result in any case since you have very little skin over your breast area. I wish you all the best

Ashok Govila, FRCS, MCh, MS
Dubai Plastic Surgeon

325cc vs 375cc

+1

Implant selection is primarily based on patient anatomy, specifically the width of the chest. Your base width is constant. Higher projection implants can be used to increase volume without changing the base width of the implant. These implants will also provide greater projection. If you are happy with the way that 325cc implants look, 350cc implants are slightly larger and will most likely give you the same overall aesthetic you desire. A second consultation with your board certified plastic surgeon should make you feel more comfortable about your upcoming surgery.  

Scott Farber, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Choosing between 2 sizes of implants.

+1

The key point is that you are happy with the 325cc volume.  The implants look slightly smaller once inside you, as opposed to trying them on in the doctors office, so choosing a slightly larger implant should be fine.  325cc to 350cc is only 25cc more volume and hence only 1/10th larger.  If 325cc looks good on you, 350cc also will look good and only be a shade larger.  It seems this would be a good choice for you.

Jeffrey M. Darrow, MD