Is There Much a of a Difference Between 320 Cc and 345 Cc

Still cant decide if i want to go with either 320 or 345 cc round silicone implants iv already had my first consult and going in for my final consult this tuesday coming.. Is there much of a difference between them? because when i tried the sizers i couldnt tell that much of a difference. He also said when they are placed under the muscle they shrink about 10%?

Don't decide beast implant volume by numbers but by appearance

+3

Twenty five cc's is 5 teaspoons.  I wouldn't worry about the difference.  Instead, ask yourself , "If I end up a little different than I had planned, would I rather be a little larger or a little smaller than I expected"  That decision will guide you.

How big are you now?  If you have almost no breast tissue, most of your postoperative size will be implant.  If you are a B cup, you will be half breast tissue and half implant..

Don't get hung up about implant volumes.  This is one area where too many Internet photos have confused patients.  Judge instead by looking at the photos your surgeon showed you and be guided by his or her recommendations.

Nashua Plastic Surgeon

Difference In 320 And 345 Is Negligible

+2

You should not fret about choosing a 345cc versus a 320cc implant.  The difference between the two is less than 2 tablespoons.

25cc is not likely to be a noticeable size difference in breast implants

+2

More important is the profile of the implant and placement.  There is very little difference between a 320 and 345cc implant.  Sizers are also frequently not like the implant.  You should know if the sizers are the same profile which will be used on you.  Regardless the difference is not likely to be noticeable.

Breast augmentation implant size

+2

25 cc of difference in size is very little, about the size of two shot glasses and when spread over the entire breast will essentially be unnoticed.  In general, patients wish they had gone a little bigger in inplant size than they chose preoperatively.  All women and men have body assymetries and you may need a bigger implant under the smaller breast in order to achieve better symmetry. If you are really undecided, visit one more time with your plastic surgeon so that everyone is on the same page.

Web reference: http://lookyounger.net

Implant size selection

+1

I consider two factors when selecting implants for my patients:

1.Dimensional planning
2.Gel Implant Sizing system

Dimensional planning – The measurements of your chest wall are taken. Also, the breast dimensions including the height, width, and current dimensions of each breast form the basis of dimensional planning. Based on these measurements, the implant size is recommended. This will give you a unique breast implant that is suited for your body frame. However, there are some limitations of what size we can recommend. For instance, some implants may just be too big for a narrow chest wall. Your surgeon can review this with you during the consultation.

Gel Implant Sizing system – During the preliminary breast implant consultation, you will be provided with an option to “try on” a variety of implant shapes and sizes. You can also visualize the possible outcomes of your surgery which helps you to get that perfect size to give you the shape that you longed for. This way your preferences are known and you can then pick a range of implants that will “fit” just right to give a soft natural fuller look. Hope this helps.

Dr. Basu

Implant Selection Process

+1

This small a difference will be hard to tell under the muscle.  I would choose the 345cc.  In order to make an accurate size recommendation, I would need to assess your chest wall and breast mound measurements and characteristics.  Unfortunately, there is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria to implant selection.

Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy and determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.
The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor.   The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant.   It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.
I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.
Dr. Gill

Web reference: http://www.drpaulgill.com

Breast implant size/cup size?

+1

No there is not much difference between the two sizes you mentioned.

In my opinion, there  is no correlation between the size or model (profile) of implant used and resulting cup size.  This may have to do with several factors including: the amount of breast volume the patient starts with, the shape of the patient's chest wall (concave or convex), the type and model of breast implant selected (saline/silicone  and low/moderate/high profile), bra  manufacturer variance  in cup sizes, the  degree  of filling of the cup  with breast tissue,  and the subjective differences in patients perceptions of cup size. 
Much of the final “look” achieved after breast augmentation surgery  depends on several factors:

1. The initial shape, size (volume of breast tissue), symmetry of the patient's breasts. In general, the better the  preoperative breast appearance the more likely the breast augmentation “look” will be optimal.

2. The experience/skill level of the surgeon is important in determining the final outcome. For example, the accurate and gentle dissection of the breast implant pockets are critical in producing  long-term  well-placed breast implants. I personally think that these 2 factors are more important than any others, including type (saline or silicone)  or model (low/moderate/high profile)  of implant.

3. The type of implant used may  determine the final outcome, especially if the patient does not have significant covering breast or adipose tissue. For example, some surgeons feel that silicone implants have a more natural look and feel than saline implants because silicone gel has a texture that is similar to breast tissue. Each patient differs in the amount of breast tissue that they have.  If a patient has enough breast tissue to cover the implant, the final result will be similar when comparing saline implants versus silicone gel implants.  If a patient has very low body fat and/or very little breast tissue, the silicone gel implants may provide a more "natural" result.
On the other hand, saline implants have some advantages over silicone implants. Silicone implant ruptures are harder to detect. When saline implants rupture, they deflate and the results are seen almost immediately. When silicone implants rupture, the breast often looks and feels the same because the silicone gel may leak into surrounding areas of the breast without a visible difference.  Patients may need an MRI to diagnose a silicone gel rupture.   Saline implants are also less expensive than the silicone gel implants.
Other differences involve how the breast implants are filled. Saline implants are filled after they’re implanted, so saline implants require a smaller incision than prefilled silicone breast implants.
On May 10, 2000, the FDA granted approval of saline-filled breast implants manufactured by Mentor Corporation and McGhan Medical. To date, all other manufacturers’ saline-filled breast implants are considered investigational.
As of 2006, the FDA has approved the use of silicone gel implants manufactured by the Mentor Corporation and Allergan (formerly McGhan) for breast augmentation surgery for patients over the age of 22.

4. The size and model of breast implant used may  make a  significant difference in the final outcome. Therefore, it is very important to communicate your size goals with your surgeon.  In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or “C cup” or "fake looking" or "top heavy" means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.
I use  intraoperative sizers and place the patient in the upright position to evaluate breast size. Use of these sizers also allow me to select the breast implant profile (low, moderate, moderate plus, high-profile) that would most likely achieve the patient's goals. The patient's goal pictures are hanging on the wall, and allow for direct comparison.
I have found that this system is very helpful in improving the chances of achieving the patient's goals as consistently as possible.
By the way, the most common regret after this operation, is “I wish I was bigger”.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/procedure_breastaugmentation.htm

How to pick the right breast implant size

+1

In our Jacksonville breast augmentation practice, we routinely perform breast augmentation revision surgery on women who wish they had gone bigger. 25 cc will not make much of a difference to your overall result. Remember the implant will look smaller inside the body.

Jacksonville Plastic Surgeon

320cc vs 345cc

+1

There is very little difference between the two implant sizes that you mention.  The volume equates to less than two tablespoons!  Your physician is correct when saying they appear smaller once implanted.  I find that when patients are vacillating between two sizes, then are usually happier if they choose the larger size.  Keep in mind, it's your choice!

320 cc vs 345 cc implants

+1

There would be very little difference. So, if you are otherwise content with your surgeon ,go with 345 cc implants.