Dieting and Ulthera?

Hello Doctors, I would like to know if going on a diet right now (i.e. a plan consists of exercising and calories reduction) would counter the effectiveness of Ultherapy (I recently had a full-face Ultherapy done about two weeks ago)? Given Ultherapy is supposed to build collagen, I am guessing that it might not be a good idea to go on a diet now? Please let me know. Thank you so much.

Dieting is fine along with Ultherapy for face lifting

+2

A healthy well balanced diet is won't prevent collagen formation as a result of Ultherapy. If however, you are in a protein negative balance by not consuming enough protein in your diet, then you might not mount as good a response to the Ultherapy. If you are deficient in vitamin C, which is rare but I published a case report of an adolescent woman who had subclinical Scurvy many years ago, the collagen formation could be deficient as vitamin C is a prerequisite for collagen.

Ultherapy for skin lifting

+2

The diet will not affect the skin tightening of  Ulthrapy.  The diet may reduce the neck fat a may even improve the out come.  Ulthrapy takes about three to see the full outcome and photos are very important.

Miguel Delgado, Jr., MD

Diet should not affect Ulthera

+2

A weight loss diet should not affect Ultherapy results as long as you are getting enough protein and it is balanvced in terms if vitamins etc (vitamin supplements probably not necessary if your diet is balanced.)

Richard Baxter, MD

Ultherapy and proper nutrition

+1
Collagen is a protein and a positive diet with amino acids and positive nitrogen balance (physiologic term for taking in appropriatee load of protein) is more conducive for more effective collagen deposition in the skin to achieve effective skin tightening. 

Hratch Karamanoukian, MD, FACS
Buffalo General Surgeon

Ultherapy and Dieting

+1

A healthy diet should not counter the effects of your Ulthera treatment. As long as you are dieting in a healthy manner and getting the proper nutrition, you should not experience adverse results in regards to your Ulthera procedure.

Mitchel P. Goldman, MD
San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon

Boosting Collagen after Ultherapy - Los Angeles

+1

Our office obtains excellent results with Ulthera.  I encourage patients to eat a well balanced diet and optimize Vitamin C load so that collagen formation is increased after Ulthera.  Raffy Karamanoukian, Los Angeles

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS