Diet Question - Post-Tummy Tuck

I am a 28 year old male, 8 days post TT. My exercise and nutrition plan pre TT had me about 10% bodyfat. I am concerned about weight gain during the time I cannot workout. Will the 5-8 lb weight gain I see myself having over the next 5 weeks until I am able to really get back into the gym be a problem? Would it be better to restrict my calories?

Adequate caloric intake following tumm tuck

+1

Surgical healing requires adequate nutrition so that restricting calories may compromise the wounds. Therefore it is best to ensure adequate caloric intact

Diet recommendations after tummy tuck

+1

My advise is not to starve your self especially during the healing process. Your body needs protein, vitamins and minerals to heal properly

Please remember, it is the quality of the food and not the quantity which matters.

Eat plenty of fruits and vegetables (which will lessen the chance of constipation), grilled or cooked (not fried) chicken, low fat meat and fish, and you should be fine.

It is very common for patients to gain a few pounds during the recovery period.  However, all my motivated patients have lost the weight and have kept it off.

Michael A. Jazayeri, MD
Santa Ana Plastic Surgeon