DIEP on Aug 1, 2012 Extensive Open Wounds on Abdomen and Breast Tissue? (photo)

my ps advised i was doing well after he already debreaded appx 1/2 o 2 inches off left side on Aug 22 These are current photos as of today. My ps thinks I am freaking out and over reacting because i want to see another surgeon? Abdomen gets wet saline compresses and breast tissue covered by neosporene and bandages twice a day.the one ps I called wont see me till Sep 29th.Should I just show up in a diep flap specialists emergency room in order to get help?

Diep flap for breast reconstruction is a natural form of reconstruction

+1
Three basic forms of breast reconstruction exist. You can use your own tissue, implants or a combination of the previous two techniques. Your own tissue can be used in the form of the DIEP flap, PAP flap, SGAP flap or fat grafting. Implants can be done in one stage or two stage. Two stage reconstructions are started by placing expanders at the time of mastectomy. Once they expanders are placed they are able to be inflated as determined by wound healing. The final time consists of combining any of the above techniques.

If you are interested in being seen in Austin please give us a call. I know this is a difficult time for you. The majority of my practice is devoted to reconstruction for women with breast cancer or who are BRCA+

Diep flap issues

+1

It looks like you have wound healing issues in multiple areas. Key things to know would include your medical history and any histroy of smoking.  In general, if thins are not cleaning up with local wound care, sometimes surgical debridement is necessary.  Good luck.

DIEP Flap

+1

Unfortunately you have wound dehescence and some fat necrosis.

It is best to have the original surgeon take care of these wounds. A new surgeon may not know all the facts of the surgery and where the vessels are.

You simply need more aggressive treatment plan. Surgical debridement of all necrotic tissue. Then a decision whether the wound can be closed or be treated as open wound with WOUND VAC. and secondary closure if needed.