Has Anyone Ever Died of Botox in There Fore Head? Can It Cause a Blood Clot in the Head?

Botox side effects and complications

+1

The answer is no, no and no. Inadvertent injection into the bloodstream (and you would need a big load) can cause death but this has not been reported (as far as I know) with cosmetic Botox. Remember that over 10 million people have gotten cosmetic Botox and it is considered very very rare.

Buffalo General Surgeon

Has anyone ever died following Botox treatment for the forehead, and can it cause a blood clot?

+1

In general, the side effects associate with Botox injections are:

1) Minor swelling
2) Bruising
3) Redness
4) Tenderness around the injection site

Botox has not caused a blood clot, and there are no known deaths from use of the product. It is a relatively safe treatment, and yields great results in the hands of a qualified professional. I would advise you to visit their website for any additional info. Thank you and I hope this helps.

Jonathan Kulbersh, MD
Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox in cosmetic doses is very safe

+1

No deaths or serious systemic effects such as blood clots have been reported with cosmetic doses of Botox. Considering the millions of doses that have been given over the years, it is a remarkable safety record.

Richard Baxter, MD

Botox Causing Death and Blood Clots

+1

Botox when administered for cosmetic purposes has not been linked to a death.  Botulinum toxin produced in cases wherein bacteria were introduced into the bloodstream has produced death.  Blood clots have not been reported with Botox used for cosmetic purposes.

Has anyone ever died after cosmetic Botox treatment?

+1

I am not aware of a death following cosmetic Botox treatment. Blood clots are also highly unlikely and something I have never seen in practice. These stories are usually related by a friend of a friend of a cousin who read the story on the internet. In experienced hands, Botox is incredibly safe but every procedure has inherent risks. It's just that the complications you are inquiring about have not occurred in my experience. The most common complication from Botox is a small bruise at the area of injection which can be covered up with makeup immediately. I hope this information is helpful.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS

Stephen Weber, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox and Death after injections into forehead

+1

Botox comes with a complete list of possible side effects and adverse reactions, both in the box, and available online. I've attached a link to the online version. Neither of your concerns are listed in their paperwork, but I will always say the following: there is always inherent risk with anything.  And most poor cases have to do with either inexperienced people, or incorrect (and hence black-label) products.

F. Victor Rueckl, MD

Botox and death

+1

According to the literature included in a box of cosmetic Botox from Allergan, there is a list of reported adverse rections that is available to read also on-line.

Sam Naficy, MD