Why Didn't my Surgeon Reduce my Tip As Agreed? I Have a Ball of Cartilage Which Makes my Tip Bulbous, I Have Thick Skin. (photo)

My surgeon says my tip was very difficult to do because of my thick skin. But it's the cartilage that needed reducing inside. Would thick skin make this difficult? I am 11 weeks post op - Primary Rhinoplasty

Bulbous Tip Post Rhinoplasty

+1

You are correct when you note that rhinoplasty is more difficult in a patient with thick skin. Your surgeon did reduce your tip but it will take a year to see the final result.

Rhinoplasty tip

+1

Tip definition can be difficult to achieve with thick skin, but also remember that  swelling in the tip may persist for 12 months or sometimes longer. 

Why is the tip of my nose so large ? (photo)

+1

Relax, the size of your tip will diminish and definition will likely improve during the next 10-18 months.  Contracture will facilitate the process.  Your surgeon most certainly DID reduce your tip cartilages, but thick skin will limit visible effect of this maneuver.

Web reference: http://www.feelbeautiful.com

Rhinoplasty results take ! year.

+1

Rhinoplasty results take ! year. It looks like the cartilage was done and it will take another 9 months to see the final result --be patient and you should end up with a nice nose!