Did I Waste my Money on Tumescent Liposuction (Upper/lower Abs & Flanks with Suction)? (photo)

I had my procedure 9 days ago, I'm 5'5" and weigh 180lbs. I know tummy tuck was my best option but couldn't afford the cost or downtime. I know I have lax skin and wasn't expecting to be a swimsuit model but I did expect to see some results. The Dr. said he took 5lbs., I realize there is swelling but I see no improvement. Also, I only drained from 1 incision on my right flank, the other 5 areas didn't drain. Is this normal? What can I do to see better results? HELP!!!

Swelling after liposuction

+2

It is hard to appreciate changes based on the photos.  However, you are very early in your recovery period.  Between one to two weeks, you would have the most amount of swelling; gradually you would notice swelling diminishing. The final result of liposuction can come about after3 months; it may even take up to 6 months.  You should wear compression garment and massage the areas of liposuction.  Please follow your plastic surgeon's postoperative instruction. 

Web reference: http://www.drkimplasticsurgery.com

Did I Waste my Money on Tumescent Liposuction (Upper/lower Abs & Flanks with Suction)?

+2

It is probably too early to tell about the final result. Swelling and healing as well as scar maturation can persist for 6 months and sometimes up to 1 year following liposuction.   I would follow with your doctor at this point.

Kenneth Hughes, MD                                                                                                            Los Angeles, CA

Web reference: http://www.hughesplasticsurgery.com/Liposuction.php

Liposuction Results

+2

You are right about being a better candidate for a tummy tuck, but nonetheless, an aggressive and thorough liposuction would be expected to improve your contour in clothing at least. Maximum swelling in liposuction occurs at about 7-10 days and usually by six weeks you are about 70% healed. I have found lymphatic drainage by a trained therapist to be very helpful in helping to speed the resolution of swelling. With time you should expect to see improvement.  Best of Luck   Dr Harrell

Web reference: http://www.westonsurgery.com

Liposuction can be a "Waste of Money"

+1

Thanks for sending your pictures and letting everyone know what often happens. You were wrong to think that liposuction would help but the surgeon was also wrong. Hopefully you will get a refund.

Keep telling your story so that others may benefit.

Nashville Dermatologic Surgeon

Liposuction of abdomen

+1

When patients are better candidates for a tummy tuck, straight liposuction often is not sufficient.  At this present time you probably also have a lot of swelling. Give it a 4-6 months to settle.

+1

I really have a few issues! Was your surgeon a boarded PS? (I doubt). Was your 5 pounds  removed via liposuction done under local anesthesia vs general/local? 5 pounds equates to about 3 to 4 liters removed of lipo aspirate (fat + fluids), how many liters were removed? Finally you need weight loss not liposuction first to attain a better result. Please respond Thanks and sorry