Did I Make the Right Choice? Was a Mini TT and Scar Revision a Better Choice? (photo)

I had a vertical scar due to a stomach surgery and extra skin due to 3 pregnancies which did not seem to go away with exercise and after much consideration i decided to have a TT. Im on my 3 w pop and im not very happy with the results. My PS told me that i did not need a lypo and now my flanks look bigger than before. Also i think i have a dog ear. My other concern is my scar is too big, I knew it would not be that low because my PS did not think i had enough skin to remove the old scar.

Did I Make the Right Choice? Was a Mini TT and Scar Revision a Better Choice?

+1

At 3 weeks, swelling is present, and the final result is not being seen.  The full tummy tuck was the better of the two options for reducing the vertical scar and removing a greater amount of skin. 

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Did I Make the Right Choice?

+1

It think a full TT was the right decision. At three weeks I would expect some swelling and I can't really guess as to whether or not you have dog ears. I am not sure what you mean when you say the scar is too big. For the amount of skin that was removed I don't think it could have been much shorter. 

Patience.

Reevaluate at three months.

All the best. 

+1

To me you had a poor informed consent prior to having this operation. You did not fully understand the operative plans of the surgeon. Best to allow 3 months healing than discuss possibility of revision if still unhappy. 

Did I make the right decision?

+1

You made the right decision and it Is way too early to make judgements yet about things like dog ears. You have a lot of swelling and things are going to get a lot better. Just focus on getting well and don't expect final swelling to go away before 6 months. 

Grady B. Core, MD
Birmingham Plastic Surgeon

+1

It looks like you made the right choice. You have swelling which is normal. The scar is slightly high but this was done to get rid of the old scar completely. You look thin in the pre op photo so I don't think you will need liposuction. Just give it some time.

Kurtis Martin, MD
Cincinnati Plastic Surgeon

Additional liposuction after an abdominoplasty

+1

It is too early to judge the final result of your abdominoplasty.  From your pre-op photos you appeared to be a good candidate for the procedure.  You will need to re-evaluate the problem areas in 3 to 6 months.  At that time additional liposuction may be necessary.  

Scar after mini-tummytuck

+1

Your photos show that you were a good candidate for the procedure.  It is early to evaluate the final results, but it looks as though the worst case scenario would be a minor scr revision, perhaps to lower the central portion a little.  As far as excess fat is concerned you would be a good candidate for liposuction. I would wait until all scarring has matured and then do both at once (if needed).

Daniel Greenwald, MD

Abdominoplasty Results

+1

It is way too early in your recovery to determine your long term results. Many dog ears flatten over time and swelling will resolve as well. After 6 months you can evaluate your results and determine if anything further needs to be done.

Donald Griffin, MD

Your pre-operative photo indicates you were a good full tummy tuck candidate

+1

Thank you for the question and the excellent photos.  Your before surgery photo shows that you were a good full tummy tuck candidate.  Its early so some of what you are seeing may be swelling.  I would give it some time and re-evaluate as the healing progresses.  Worse case scenario is that you may elect to have liposuction to the abdomen and flanks. Any dog-ears present can be corrected at the same time.

Dr. Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD