Did Surgeon Mess Up Rhinoplasty? (photo)

I am approaching 3 months post-op closed rhinoplasty to narrow nose. I feel the surgeon has ruined the symmetry of the nose. my nose looks wider when I smile and has a strange curved appearance on the right hand side. As far as I know he narrowed the nose at the very top but did not touch anything else. I had no bruising after the procedure and feel cheated out of £4000. The tip is still hard although the tip swelling doesnt seem to be the problem What is your opinion?

Did surgeon mess up rhinoplasty?

+2

After 3 months, you will still be experiencing swelling. In general, 70% of the swelling is resolved after the first 3 months and the remainder goes down over time. Swelling may be influenced by the following: Whether the procedure was open or closed, whether the procedure was a revision, the thickness of the patient's skin, and whether or not tip work was performed. Swelling can result in the appearance of asymmetry and irregularities. I would give it some time and see how you continue to heal. The final result may not be evident for 18-24 months after surgery. Your surgeon should be able to answer any post-operative questions you have, as they know the details of your surgery and exactly what was performed. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck.

Web reference: http://www.rhinoplastyspecialist.com

Did Surgeon Mess Up Rhinoplasty?

+2

The pictures are dark and hard to evaluate.  This early after rhinoplasty, it is a bit premature to be concerned about the final result.   The swelling is going to be present at this early stage.     If you need a revision in a few months, find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties and rhinoplasty revisions each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Web reference: http://www.hughesplasticsurgery.com/Rhinoplasty.php

Nasal bone in-fracture only?

+2

Thank you for the question and the photos.  I am wondering if you underwent a nasal bone in-fracture only?  Did you have incisions inside your nose near your columella?  From the front view photos only there appears to be additional improvement in the width of your nose that can be accomplished.  At 3 months there is still some swelling but there may likely be too much remaining width when its all said and done.  I would continue to monitor the progress of your nose and have a conversation with your plastic surgeon about what was accomplished and what was not.  Comparing formal before and after photos will be helpful.

Dr. Remus Repta

Web reference: http://drrepta.com