Did I Go Too Small With My Choice?

Four days ago I had a bilateral periareolar mastopexy and breast augmentation (inframammory fold incision) with Natrelle 339 silicone implants. I am 5'3" tall and weigh 123 lbs. Prior to surgery, after breast feeding three children, I was at best a very deflated 32B or perhaps a larger (but still deflated looking) A cup. Right now it just seems so difficult for anyone to tell me about what cup size I'll end up with after my implants "drop". Is a moderate C cup too much to expect?

Breasts Size After The Surgery

+1

Hi,

According to your description, it seems that you should fall within a C cup but every bra is different.

It is important that you have a little more patience before you judge your final results especially that you will not achieve full recovery earlier than 6 months.

Thank you for your inquiry and the best of luck to you.

Dr. Sajjadian

Breast Enhancement

+1

Hello and thank you for the question. 

Given the description of your dimensions and implant utilized for the breast enhancement, I would venture to say that you will be in the range of a C cup - with some variability between bra makers. You'll have a better idea of your final bra size once the majority of the swelling resides, that being somewhere between 6 weeks and 4 months post-op.

Glenn Vallecillos, M.D., F.A.C.S. 

Glenn Vallecillos, MD

What size will you be after breast augmentation? You will have to wait and see.

+1

Thank you for your question and the photos.

Getting sized for breast implants is much more involved than it seems at first thought. It requires a full consultation with detailed questions to see exactly what your goals are, short and long term. It also requires precise measurements of your current breast dimensions, the dimensions of your chest wall, as well as preoperative photography, standard or 3D imaging.

Once the surgery is complete, you will have to wait about 3 months for the implants to drop and for the vast majority of the swelling to be gone.

I hope this helps

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

Cup size after breast augmentation

+1

From the information you provided I think you will get a moderate C cup. At this point my advise for you is to be patient. Wait for the swelling to subside and for the implants to settle. After about 6-8 weeks from surgery you can check the bra that fits you. You will find that you have lots of choices.

Moneer Jaibaji, MD

Breast augmentation and cup size

+1

It is reasonable to think that you may be able to get into a "C" cup after things have settled down, but remember each bra company is a bit different.

Cup Size Concern

+1

Agree with the first two comments that a C cup is a reasonable expectation for you, considering your build and the implants used.

My suggestion (and one I convey to my patients on a regular basis) is to try to free yourself from the burden of the cup-size lettering system. Once all the swelling and settling has subsided, stand disrobed in front of a mirror and ask yourself if you're happy with what you see (as it relates to your breasts). If the answer is "yes", what difference does it make what letter is on your bra's tag? It could be an "A", a "Q" or a "Z", but all that really matters is that you're pleased with the end result, right?

James W. Ward, MD (retired)
Arlington Plastic Surgeon

Cup Size after augmentation

+1

You are early in the healing process and should not attempt to judge the results at this time. Based on the information provided, a moderate C is a reasonable goal depending on the sizing of the bra manufacturer. However, patience is needed at this time. Continue your dialogue and questions with your surgeon, but do not fret.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

Cup Size after Breast Augmentation?

+1

No, based on your description, a “moderate C cup” is not too much to expect  as an outcome of your breast surgery. Of course, exactly what cup size you will end up with will depend on the bra manufacturer. Generally speaking however based on your initial cup size and the breast implant that was used, a C cup is certainly a possible outcome.  I would suggest continued patience and close follow-up with your plastic surgeon.  It will take several months (and even up to a year) is to see the final results of your procedure.Best wishes.