Did I Ruin my Septorhinoplasty if I Squeezed Blackheads Ten Days After Surgery?

I had a minor closed rhinoplasty and a major septoplasty ten days ago. I don't know what I was thinking after I showered but I squeezed some blackheads all over my nose for a few minutes. In the process, I pinched skin and pushed my nose from side to side. The nose still looks the same and I only felt some tenderness. Did I just ruin my septorhinoplasty?

+1

Dear Ccchic,

Thank you for your question. If your nose looks the same, then you probably did not do any damage.  However, best to leave you nose alone and let it heal.

Pablo Prichard, MD

Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Was nose ruined by squeezing blackheads after rhinoplasty?

+1

While I would not recommend squeezing blackheads on a nose 10 days after rhinoplasty, it does not sound as if you caused any permanent damage to your nose.  If you have any question about it though, I would recommend seeing your surgeon to make sure.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

Unlikely to damage rhinoplasty

+1

It is very unlikely that you caused any permanent damage to your nose by squeezing blackheads.  Atlanta Plastic Surgeon ,  Dr. Z