Did I Ruin my Results by Wearing Heavy Glasses?

I had a open revision rhinoplasty 6 weeks ago and I wore HEAVY Ray Ban Prescription glasses for a couple hours yesterday, and my nose felt kinda sensitive and odd until I woke up this morning and it got better. I'm scared I moved my bones because my nose was sensitive for like 10 hours.

It's OK to Wear Glasses Four Weeks After Rhinoplasty

+1

It usually is ok to wear glasses 4 weeks out from a procedure.  Granted that can vary depending on how much work and how much manipulation was performed.  It is common though to have the sensation of discomfort as you have.  However, you may want to check in with your physician just to be sure your nose is healing as planned.

Wearing glasses after rhinoplasty

+1

In general, we have patients avoid wearing any type of heavy glasses for the first 4-5 weeks following surgery. If your nasal bones were fractured during surgery, they will heal 6 weeks after your procedure. It is not abnormal to still be a little sensitive at this time, and it is unlikely you did any damage. I would recommend following up with your surgeon if you still have discomfort. Thank you and I hope this helps. 

Paul S. Nassif, MD

Glasses After Rhinoplasty

+1

It is very unlikely that you did any permanent damage to your nose while you wore your glasses. As long as your nose does not look any differently than it did before, you should be fine. Speak with your plastic surgeon if you feel damage was caused.

Babak Azizzadeh, MD

Hello

+1

6 weeks post-surgery you are ok to wear glasses. The only way to move bones is to get hit or bump really hard. Wearing glasses would not cause any damage.

Stuart B. Kincaid, MD, FACS