Did I Ruin my Nose After Rhinoplasty?

Hi. I had a rhinoplasty 2 weeks ago and the day I got my cast off I continuously squeezed my nostril to see what it would look like without swelling right after I noticed a flat indent I tired to fix it with the cast my doctor gave me but I put it on wrong which I think squeezed my nostril even more and ruined the shape. I've been so depressed even since I've wanted rhinoplasty my whole life and I feel like I ruined my nose. Will it eventually even out? It's been a week And it hast got better!

Did I Ruin my Nose After Rhinoplasty?

+1

Dear Mila,

You seem extremely concerned about this as this is not your first question.  Take a deep breath.  Almost anything can be fixed in the future.  Talk to your plastic surgeon about your concerns and tell him exactly what happened.  If something can be done now, he will do it.  Otherwise, let it heal, it may get better on its own, and if not, a revision will probably be able to improve it.

Pablo Prichard, MD

Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty recovery

+1

Dear Mila,

I suggest speaking with your surgeon and discussing your concerns. I do not know how hard you were squeezing your nose and what type of tip work you had done as well as not having the advantage of an examination to truly give you a proper expert opinion. I am sure your surgeon will help put your mind at ease, don't be depressed. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Michael Elam, MD