Doctor said stitches will dissolve by themselves after 3 weeks, yet they are still inside my nose. Should I remove it? (photo)

This is my nose.I can see one of the stitches inside my nose..should i try to remove it? What is making me stressful is the fact that my nose is still up and it hasnt fallen down yet.Thank you

Stitches 3 weeks after surgery

+1
Hi Missbanks,

The exposed part of the dissolved stitches will fall off after a month or so. You need not remove them, but if you are so concerned about it, have your surgeon do it for you. As for the upturned tip, it usually drops more in 6-12 months so there should be nothing for you to worry about at this period.

Thailand Facial Plastic Surgeon

+1
Why would any of us recommend you self treat? ONLY see your surgeon to treat you!! Suture removal is best done by the surgeon of record...  

Nasal Tip Elevation

+1
Swelling can cause the nasal tip to be more elevated. Over time, the swelling resolves and the soft tissue relaxes. At three weeks, the internal suture can be trimmed but please contact your surgeon for advice and guidance.

George C. Peck, Jr, MD
West Orange Plastic Surgeon