Why did my surgeon tape my nose after the cast was taken off? Should it be a little horizontal one?

Is this because it was too swollen? Because I am meant to keep my nose completely taped for a whole month! I thought it would just be one horizontal tape across my nose got a week. Also, he told me to apply pressure with my finger on both sides of my nose at the same time for about 6 minutes everyday (actually 2 minutes but you do it 3 times a day so that would make a total of 6 minutes). What are your thoughts on this? Is this safe for my nose?

+1
Your surgeon taped your nose after he removed the splint to help control swelling.  I am a little surprised that he wants it taped for a month.  Usually a week or two is all that is needed.  Applying pressure with your finger on both sides is very common.  This will help your nose to heal straight and stabilize it.  Follow up with your Plastic Surgeon as he knows exactly what was done to your nose, and is the best person to guide you to recovery.