Why Did my Surgeon Decide Not to Put Me on a Compression Garment After Vaser Lipo to my Chin?

No garment after VASER Lipo chin?

Typically for VASER lipo chin/neck, I place my patients in a compression garment for 4 weeks.  The first week you must wear the garment 24/7.  After the first week I tell my patients to wear the garment when they are home and not out in public.  The more you wear it the first couple of weeks the better.  Sleeping with your head elevated, lymphatic massage and external ultrasound all help with the recovery process.  Why your surgeon did not place you in a garment I cannot answer.  I would call your surgeon to discuss.

7360 Coral Way
Miami, FL 33155

Vaser Lipo Compression Garment

Thank you for your question. Not sure of why. We put all of our patients in a compression garment if your work was done under the chin.  I hope this helps.

Vivek Bansal, MD
Danville Plastic Surgeon

360 Rose Ave
Danville, CA 94526

Compression garment after VASER chin liposuction

Patients who undergo VASER® LipoSelection at my Cleveland area plastic surgery practice do wear a compression garment following their procedure. However, this practice varies by the plastic surgeon doing the procedure. It's apparent that your surgeon had a reason not to use a compression garment but, inasmuch as you are concerned about this issue, I'd make a call to the office and ask about it. There's likely a very logical reason that he or she chose not to give you a compression garment to wear after your VASER® Lipo procedure.

To your health & beauty,

Dr. Paul Vanek

Mentor, OH (near Cleveland)

Paul Vanek, MD
Cleveland Plastic Surgeon

9485 Mentor Ave.
Mentor, OH 44060

Vaser chin lip and garment

Some surgeons do not use garments after liposuction and some do. It really is preference of the surgeon . Discuss it with him.

1049 Fifth Ave
New York, NY 10028

No compression garmet after vaser lipo under the chin

The use of a compression garment is at the descretion of the surgeon.  Some may prefer it and others may not.  It's more common to use compression garments after liposuction of the body versus the neck.  While I personally prefer using some light compression after liposuction to the neck, your surgeon may have felt that it was not necessary. 

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

500 Sutter Street
San Francisco, CA 94102