Why Did my Septum Pop out 10 Days After Surgery?

I had septoPlasty, rhinoplasty , turbinate reduction and adnoidectomy on march 9th. On march 20 th I we t for my follow up and they cleaned out my airways using cotton ball like packing. About an hour after I left it felt as if something had moved. I spoke with the nurse the following day and she said that nothing can move and that it was just a sensation from swelling. April 9th appointment doctor says the septum popped out and I need revision surgery. Could this have been fixed on the 10th?

Septum Pop Out 10 Days after Septorhinoplasty

+1

I suspect your septum moved, but did not actually "pop out". Septal cartilage has a memory and is flexible like rubber so it can move after the operation if that spring is not broken during the operation. Pull down on the top of your ear and then let go to demonstrate that characteristic of cartilage. It could not have been fixed on the 10th.

+1

You'll need to ask the plastic and cosmetic surgeon that did your Septoplasty and Rhinoplasty and I've never heard of the septum popping out.  Your Rhinoplasty Surgeon should be able to explain what this means and what needs to be done about the situation.  

Web reference: http://www.drfpalmer.com

Why Did Septum Pop out

+1

Each situation is unique and only your surgeon knows the specific details of your procedure and should be the person commenting on post-operative questions such as this