Why Did my Rhinoplasty Create a Bigger Hump?

I got rhinoplasty to remove a MINOR minor hump on my nose bridge by grinding the bone. You could barely see the hump unless you REALLY scrutinize but I had it done anyway. Now my hump is sooo visible! It wasn't even that big a change. WHEN do you estimate this hump will go away? It has been a month since my surgery. I'm really worried, please help. Thanks!

Bump on nose following rhinoplasty

+1

One month is still very soon after your surgery, and you are considerably swollen. In general, the final result of rhinoplasty is not evident for 18-24 months following surgery. 70% of the swelling goes down after the first 3 months, and the remainder goes down over time. What you are seeing may be the result of swelling, and it is really too soon to jump to any conclusions. From here, it is best to be patient and have faith in your surgeon's work, as the final result of your surgery will not be evident for some time. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck with the remainder of your recovery.

Rhinoplasty hump

+1

Without an exam, it is difficult to tell you whether or not you have a persistent hump. It is best to have your preop photos with you for evaluation as well.

Bump even bigger after rhinoplasty

+1
It is hard to give any idea about why a hump would appear larger after a hump reduction. It might be that you have fullness just above the tip, called the supratip, but we can't know what is going on. Do let your surgeon have a look.

Rhinoplasty swelling and bump.

+1

This will take 6-12 months to go away.  Be patient and this normally recedes month by month.