Why Did my Nipple Scar Form a Discoloration and Dryness?

I got my surgery about 4 months ago through my aerola. Everything seems okay but around my scar it has formed a discoloration and is dry. Well it go away?

Discoloration

+1
Discoloration and dryness is common with scars. Please try moisturizing the scar first. If this doesn't help there are several option that don't include revision. If a revision is necessary then I use a product called embrace. 

Discoloration of Scar 4 months after Breast Augmentation

+1

Scars typically improve over the course of a year, and pigmentation changes may occur during healing. These usually improve.

Hyperpigmentation of the scar with periareolar approach is common.

+1

The areola often has a large amount of melanocytes that respond to trauma (breast augmentation) by producing excess pigment.  The dry skin is due to the increased epidermal production.  Both should subside over time.

Web reference: http://www.zubowicz.com/subpag,13-atlanta-breast-augmentation.htm

Nipple scar issue

+1

You did not mention what type of breast surgery that you had and when it took place?  Some hypopigmentation can occur when the skin heals. The color may return. If not, it possibly can be tattooed to blend the color.

Concerns after Breast Augmentation Surgery?

+1

Always  best to check with your own plastic surgeon about these types of concerns after surgery. Online consultants will not be able to provide you with meaningful diagnosis, treatment recommendations, or reassurance.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/Procedure_breastAugmentation.htm

Hello

+1

Without an exam it’s very hard to determine what can be going on. You need to see your PS review your concerns.

Scar --Discoloration and Dryness

+1

Hard to know what this is without a photo, or at least an idea of the color, and a note about whether it is in the scar alone or around the scar that this is occurring.

It is certainly safe to at least try a moisturizer in the area. Glad to hear that everything else is going well.

Thanks, best wishes. 

Temporary vs long term skin discoloration

+1

Thank you for the question.  Discoloration of a surgical incision at the areola border can take many forms.  There are hypopigmented (lighter) as well as hyperpigmented (darker) discolorations possible.  These can be temporary and resolve on their own as well as permanent or long term.  Upload some photos for more accurate advice.  Often, the color is a transient part of the healing process and improvement is seen with time.

Dr Remus Repta

Web reference: http://www.aaaplasticsurgery.com/plastic-surgery/breast-enhancement.cfm