Did my Eye Lift 7 Months Ago Cause This? (photo)

I had an upper and lower eye lift seven months ago. Last month a noticed a small hard bump. Now it is larger and turning red. Could this be related to the eye lift?

Blepharoplasty and postoperative "lump"

+1

It may or may not be related to something that was done during the initial surgery you had done. The best advice I have is to contact your surgeon and go in for a postoperative follow-up.

Jacksonville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Possibly

+1

If your doctor used any deep sutures, theoretically its possible that there is a reaction/infection,  though you may develop this type of infection even if you didn't have surgery.

Whether its related or not, is of no consequence at this time: you should see your surgeon immediately, as you may need antibiotics

A.J. Amadi, MD
Seattle Oculoplastic Surgeon