2.5 Weeks Post Breast Lift/Implants. Now Have Rippling?

I'm 2 and a half weeks post op a breast lift with implants. I received 350cc silicone implants over the muscle. I expressed to my doctor that I wanted a natural look. Before the surgery I asked him if we could go under the muscle, he assured me that going over would be fine. But now Im experiencing rippling on the top of my breast witch I feel wouldn't be there if he would of went under the muscle. Was he just taking the easy way out? Most surgeons recommend going under the muscle so I'm confused.

Wait three to four months

+1
Wait three to four months to assess your results. If at that time you still have rippling, return to your surgeon to discuss your results.

Rippling After Breast Augmentation Surgery?

+1

I am sorry to hear about the concerns you have after breast augmentation surgery. At this point, given that the decisions have already been made and the operation performed, there is not much online consultants will be able to help you with.

Your case does demonstrate why preoperative education is extremely important. Patients undergoing breast augmentation surgery should consider the pros/cons of  of the options available to them. Doing so, will allow true informed consent and avoid “confusion” and/or dissatisfaction postoperatively.

Allow yourself 6 months before evaluating the end results of the procedure performed.  If the location and/or extent of the breast implant rippling remains a concern,  revisionary breast surgery may be helpful to you.

Over the muscle

+1

Hello there 

Rippling occurring so soon after surgery is unusual . It might be that what you are seeing is some irregularity of the pocket . I would wait a bit longer to see if this resolves. If it persists it is always possible to shift the implants behind the muscle at a later date. 

Cheers

Terrence Scamp, MBBS, FRACS
Gold Coast Plastic Surgeon

Rippling after Breast augmentation 2.5 weeks

+1

Implants palced in a sublgandular pocket are more likely to ripple in the upper pole than those placed under the muscle.  Sorry for your problem.

Rippling 2.5 weeks after breast lift and implants

+1

Unfortunately, I can't answer your question as to whether your plastic surgeon was taking the "easy way out," because he had the benefit of evaluating you and formulating a surgical plan after seeing your in person. However, there may be several factors that are currently contributing to your rippling. The first factor is obvious. Implants placed under the muscle will have less rippling at the upper breasts compared to implants placed above the muscle. Also, if your breast tissue is somewhat atrophic and thin and saline implants were used, then rippling can be more apparent. I recommend discussing your concerns with your surgeon. Hopefully, he will come up with a solution to your problem. Thank you for sharing your concerns. Best wishes.

Gregory Park, MD

+1

There are pros and cons of going above and below the muscle with the implants. In the US most surgeons prefer under the muscle placement, but that is not the case everywhere. Ripples are not too common with silicone, and less so when under the muscle. On the other hand, animation deformities (movement of the breast with arm motion) occur only with under the muscle implants. 

It is not a question of an easy way out  In fact, I find under the muscle placement easier

A discussion of the rationale for the position choice by your surgeon seems in order. All the best/.