I Did my Corner of my Lips With Juvederm 4 Days Ago?

I did my corner on my lips x those clown lines 4 days ago w juvederms. I look like I have food in my mouth and my chin its out. I hate my look right now. How long I have to wait to look normal? I bruised so bad also. Still I have ugly bruises. Even I have some lines around my mouth I did not have before. I'm very worried! Any sugestion??

+1

Four days out will be too early to tell results and since you have a large amount of bruising like you explained, that is the reason you have swelling.  It can possibly be an additional week for bruising and swelling to subside.  Then you will start seeing your true results.  It does take about a full month to see your maximum results.  However, once your bruising and swelling subsides, if you do not like what is coming about of your results, you can go back to your physician and be injected with hyaluronidase to disperse the Juvederm.   

El Paso Plastic Surgeon

Lip area swelling

+1

Wait two weeks. If the fullness is too much, return for the antidote Hyaluronidase. Bruises will subside as soon as your body processes the hemosiderin. Best of luck.

Juvederm injected into corners of lip

+1

As with all fillers or Botox, its always best to wait 2 weeks before making any decisions since you may have bruising, swelling, fluid-shifts, etc that occur which can affect the temporary appearance, but which settles out with time. Regardless, I'd make an appointment with your physician in 2 weeks to assess and correct if need be. Don't worry, if an expert injector treated you such as a dermatologist or plastic surgeon, it is doubtful that you'll have any problems in 2 weeks.

Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon

Juvederm to lip area

+1

It is always best to wait two weeks after injections to assess for any adjustments. The lip area is very sensitive and swelling/bruising takes more time to decrease. If, at that point, you are still unhappy, you can return to your provider and discuss options. Best of luck!

Juvederm swelling

+1

Please wait 2 to 3 weeks for any bruising and swelling to resolve.  If you are still not happy with your results, return to your doctor for assessment.

Toronto Dermatologist

Swelling and bruising after Juvederm

+1

In this area, swelling and bruising can last up to at least 2 weeks, as it's very thin-skinned. Don't press on the area and keep your hands away from it.

+1

Since you mentioned that you are still bruised, you are going to have to wait a week or 2 until the bruising and swelling are gone in order to determine if it's too much Juvederm or just a lot of swelling.

Swelling & Bruising After Filler Treatments

+1

I am sorry that you are experiencing difficulty after receiving filler in the corners of your mouth.  This is a very vascular area and is prone to bruising and swelling.  I would recommend that you wait 2 weeks for the swelling and bruising to go away and then reassess. In the mean time you can use topical Arnica and warm compresses to speed the healing process.  If after 2 weeks you are still unhappy with the results, ask your injector for a resolution.  The product can be dissolved, manipulated and/or added to if necessary to get the desired outcome.    If your injector just doesn't have your same vision please seek out a skilled injector that can show you before and  after pictures of treatments that they have done that are similar to your situation.  When you are on the same page and you know what to expect, everyone is happier. 

Portland General Surgeon

Juvederm Filler

+1

Fillers are the most over-used. The corner of the mouth is very difficult to correct and needs a highly experienced doctor in fillers. The use of a blunt cannula specially in highly vascularized areas is important to decrease tntravascular injection by sharp needles and decrease the chances of bruising. In your case wait about two weeks and if the problems persisit then the Juvederm can be disolved

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.