Did my Chin Implant Shift - 2 Weeks Post Surgery?

I am 2 weeks post rhinoplasty and a chin implant. I rolled off my pillows in the middle of the night; in order to keep my nose from rolling into the mattress, I subconsciously held my head up with my hand by pressing on my chin. I don't really know how long I was in this position for. Its a little tender now especially when I eat. It's now Sunday and my next appointment with my PS is not until Friday. Could it have shifted? It still looks the same but it's tender now--maybe I just irritated it.

Did my chin implant shift?

+2

At two weeks post-op, your chin implant is securely in place. It would take a significant amount of force to shift the implant. A bit of swelling and tenderness is normal at this time. It is unlikely you caused any damage, but speaking with your surgeon at your appointment would be a good idea. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck with the remainder of your recovery. 

Shifted chin implant 2 weeks after surgery

+1

At two weeks after surgery, it is very unlikely you did any harm or shifted your implant. Tenderness is common; be reassured by the fact there has been no obvious change in appearance, and confirm with your surgeon at your checkup.

Laxmeesh Mike Nayak, MD
Saint Louis Facial Plastic Surgeon

Chin Implant Shifting

+1

Dear Danielle,

At two weeks post surgery your chin implant should be fairly stable. From your description of the events I would not be terribly concerned. It would not be typical that this process of lightly pressing on the chin alone has caused any movement to the implant placement. It is however common to have a bit of tenderness in this point of the recovery phase. See your surgeon for frequent post operative visits to help set your mind at ease. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Michael Elam, MD

Did chin implant shift?

+1

At two weeks after surgery, your chin implant should be fairly stable.  It would take quite a bit of force to move it out of place.  From what you're describing, in regards to pressing on your chin with your hand, it would be highly unlikely that the implant moved.  It would not be unusual to have a bit of tenderness still there at this point in time.  I would make sure to keep your appointment with your surgeon on Friday.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon