Why Did my Browlift with Endotine Ribbon Not Work?

I had a brow lift with endotine ribbon but unfortunately it did not work at all. My surgeon agreed that the results are not great and asked me to come back in 6 months as he cannot do anything for me now as its to soon.

There is honestly no result at all, the first week the position of my brows looked great, but they came down in the same position within 2 weeks.

I am forty years old. Can anyone tell me why there is zero result? I had the operation with a well known surgeon with overall good reviews but somehow i do not want to do another brow lift with him. whats best to do as i dont think i will get my money back and try a different technique with another surgeon.:(

Early relapse with endoscopic browlift.

+2

There are many ways to fix the brow in proper position.  The Endotine system usually works well.  It seems that the soft tissue disengaged from the Endotine device.  There are little "carpet tack" like "spikes" that the soft tissue is supposed to affix itself to.  Rarely does the soft tissue come off this, but it can.  

Early Relape After Endoscopic Browlift with Endotine Device

+2

The endoscopic browlift using the Endotine device can work quite well and the fact that it initially had a positive result suggests that this approach was satisfactory. I suspect the tissue somehow became disengaged from the fixation prongs of the device to have such an early relapse/failure. I would take a different approach to a second procedure as now would be the time to repeat it. The tissues may not have fully healed and will be easier to elevate and reattach, whether it is an Endotine device or other soft tissue fixation methods.    

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Endoscopic browlift

+2

Endoscopic browlift, although a wonderful technique in the right patient, is not necessarily the best technique for everybody. Patients with heavy brow/heavy skin and need for a significant lift are not ideal candidates and the results can sometimes be disappointing. Technique is obviously important with proper fixation of tissue on the Endotine being very important, and then minimization of post op trauma/manipulation of the brow during this fixation period.

And even then, even in the best of hands, even with appropriate patient selection, every surgeon sometimes has less than ideal results for a variety of reasons, some of which we can never pinpoint.

At this point, I would wait about six months and maybe get a couple different opinions of what technique to use for the revision surgery.

An in-person consultation is needed!

A.J. Amadi, MD
Seattle Oculoplastic Surgeon

Forehead lift with Endotine that did not work.

+2

Forehead lift with Endotine that did not work was probably caused by the endotine prongs coming away from the fascia. I would go back to your original surgeon since he will probably do this for nothing.

Brow Lift with Juvederm

+1

Fillers like Juvederm work very well to elevate the brow and restore a youthful look.  At 40, that may be a great option for you.  Look at pictures of yourself a few years ago & you can tell if your brows are truly lower or possibly more deflated.  It's an option to consider and in my practice the results are outstanding with correct patient selection.

Melanie L. Petro, MD
Alabama Facial Plastic Surgeon

Endotine Failure of Browlift

+1

If the brow was not suspended well with the endotine, you should realize that any surgeon can have this happen.  Although another or the same approach may be taken for the revision, I would continue with the surgeon to reduce the costs to you.