Why Did my Breasts Shrink a Whole Cup Size?

Between my late teens and now (24) my weight has fluctuated a little, but I am back to the same weight yet my breast size still remains a whole cup size smaller. Is it possible that the stress did it? And how do I get back up to that bigger bra size I use to be?

.Shrinking Breast

+1

Without difinitive hormonal diagnosis there could be many reasons for breast atrophy. Increasing volume and size could be accomplished with breast augmentation. You may want to consider consulting a board certified plastic surgeon to discuss your options.

Shrinking breasts

+1

at your age are like related to weight or hormone fluctuations.  If you are desiring a fuller breast, you should see a local plastic surgeon (preferably board certified if you have no idea who you are seeing) about what options you have.  Good luck!

Curtis Wong, MD

+1

Breast size does change with time, and can vary in response to hormonal changes and weight change. The changes do not always reverse themselves with restoration of normal weight or hormonal balance.

To get back to size, consider breast enlargement surgery. 

When you ready for an in person consultation, RealSelf has listings of surgeons in your area. You should consider cross referencing the listings from the The American Society of Plastic Surgeons (plasticsurgery dot org). A listing in the ASPS website assures you that your surgeon is not only board certified,  but also is a member in good standing of the major plastic surgery organization in the U. S. Thank you for your question, best wishes.

Breast changes

+1

Breasts certainly change with time. Often the breast becomes fattier with age and less glandular.  Why yours changed a cup size is unclear.

Changes in Breast Size

+1

It is very common for a woman's breast size to change throughout her lift. Many factors can influence this including: weight gain or loss, pregnancy, breast feeding, menopause (not likely in your case), and increasing age.

Breast augmentation is the best way to restore volume loss and restore a fuller breast appearance. Please discuss your options with a board-certified plastic surgeon. Best of luck!!

Lawrence Iteld, MD

Breasts Smaller

+1

Breasts usually atrophy over time, but weight gain and loss cycling may hasten atrophy.  In the absence of pregnancy or breast feeding, these would be two factors.  Getting back up to the old size cannot be reliably accomplished without breast augmentation or weight gain.