Why Did my Breasts Shrink a Whole Cup Size?

Between my late teens and now (24) my weight has fluctuated a little, but I am back to the same weight yet my breast size still remains a whole cup size smaller. Is it possible that the stress did it? And how do I get back up to that bigger bra size I use to be?

.Shrinking Breast

Without difinitive hormonal diagnosis there could be many reasons for breast atrophy. Increasing volume and size could be accomplished with breast augmentation. You may want to consider consulting a board certified plastic surgeon to discuss your options.

80 West Gore St
Orlando, FL 32806

Shrinking breasts

at your age are like related to weight or hormone fluctuations.  If you are desiring a fuller breast, you should see a local plastic surgeon (preferably board certified if you have no idea who you are seeing) about what options you have.  Good luck!

Curtis Wong, MD

1950 Rosaline Avenue
Redding, CA 96001

Breast size does change with time, and can vary in response to hormonal changes and weight change. The changes do not always reverse themselves with restoration of normal weight or hormonal balance.

To get back to size, consider breast enlargement surgery. 

When you ready for an in person consultation, RealSelf has listings of surgeons in your area. You should consider cross referencing the listings from the The American Society of Plastic Surgeons (plasticsurgery dot org). A listing in the ASPS website assures you that your surgeon is not only board certified,  but also is a member in good standing of the major plastic surgery organization in the U. S. Thank you for your question, best wishes.

1110 112th Avenue NE
Bellevue, WA 98004

Breast changes

Breasts certainly change with time. Often the breast becomes fattier with age and less glandular.  Why yours changed a cup size is unclear.

1049 Fifth Ave
New York, NY 10028

Changes in Breast Size

It is very common for a woman's breast size to change throughout her lift. Many factors can influence this including: weight gain or loss, pregnancy, breast feeding, menopause (not likely in your case), and increasing age.

Breast augmentation is the best way to restore volume loss and restore a fuller breast appearance. Please discuss your options with a board-certified plastic surgeon. Best of luck!!

Lawrence Iteld, MD

1460 N. Halsted street
Chicago, Illinois 60642

Breasts Smaller

Breasts usually atrophy over time, but weight gain and loss cycling may hasten atrophy.  In the absence of pregnancy or breast feeding, these would be two factors.  Getting back up to the old size cannot be reliably accomplished without breast augmentation or weight gain.

435 North Roxbury Drive
Beverly Hills, CA 90210