Did my Body Cause my Right Breast Not to Look the Same As the Left or Should I Have Another Surgeon Fix It? (photo)

Im 6 weeks post op from an aug & lift. (Areola incision) from day one, my breasts didn't look the same. My left looks more normal but on my right the nipple is down much lower & very "wrippled" around the areola. I went for an emergency visit & the dr definitely agreed that it was messed up & the implant is too high & needs to be fixed along with the areolas But i need to wait 3 mo. Does this look like something my body caused or did the Dr. Not place the implant properly? I'm concerned about making it w

Did my body cause my right breast to not look the same as my left

+1

From the photos you posted, it appears that you had a donut lift with augmentation.  There can be pleating with this type of lift but it should improve with time.  I agree with your surgeon about waiting a few more months before you consider a revision.  In the mean time, perhaps discuss aggressive massaging and a breast band with your surgeon to see if we can get the implant to drop.  Try not to worry and give it some time.  ac

Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Did my Body Cause my Right Breast Not to Look the Same As the Left or Should I Have Another Surgeon Fix It?

+1

A before posted photo would demonstrate YOU had asymmetry from the get go! So the first operation was not a complete success, YOU need additional surgery to gain better symmetry..///

Be patient

+1

Thanks for sharing your photos.  It appears that you had a "circumareolar" lift with implants. It is quite common to have some "pleating" effect around the incision that does improve with time as you can see from the intial to 6 weeks. We don't see your preop photos but some degree of asymmetry (which may have existed) is quite common and can be very difficult to fully correct depsite best efforts.

Your surgeon's advice to wait is good advice. Maintain a good rapport with your surgeon as long as you feel comfortable, and are getting good reassurance and feedback. A revision procedure may be indicated to improve the result.  Waiting for the right time and making the right mutual decision between yourself and your surgeon is best to assure the best outcome.      

David J. Levens, MD
Coral Springs Plastic Surgeon

Wait

+1

You should definitely wait to have any revision surgery.  With time things can often even out.  You will be better financially to go back to your original surgeon as he will probably take care of revisions if neccessary with much less cost.

Scott Tucker, MD
Winston Salem Plastic Surgeon

Periareolar mastopexy often times yields disappointing results.

+1

I agree that you should wait several more months before considering revisional surgery. Part of that will probably be more conventional mastopexy.

It can't hurt to get a second opinion

+1

It never hurts to get a second opinion. You have to wait for 3 months anyway. I would at a minimum do push downs on the right implant. Full settling will occur after 3 months. I would guess that you had some asymetry preoperatively. good luck

Kevin Rose, MD
Provo Plastic Surgeon