Why Did my Bags Under my Eyes Reappeard After Transconjunctival Blepharoplasty?

I had a transconjunctival blepharoplasty 16 days ago, everything went nice and I could see that my puffiness was gone, even if I had bruises. Starting this week, after the bruises were gone, I noticed to have small bags under my eyes and by the time the day passes, the bags get bigger. It is like every day my bags get bigger and I start to worry. Is this normal?

Two weeks after blepharoplasty is too early to assess the results.

+1

You undoubtedly have persistent swelling two weeks after surgery. There's nothing to do but allow the healing to complete. More likely your problem will resolve with time.

Bags under eyes after eyelid surgery

+1

You are still in the postoperative healing period, and your swelling may still be affecting your result. You placed trust in your specialist Plastic Surgeon to do the surgery- he is a Specialist-trained Surgeon, so now consult with him, and discuss with him your concerns. He is best placed to answer your questions and assess your concerns. I hope all goes well for you.

Mark Edinburg, MBBCH, FRACS
Sydney Plastic Surgeon

Bags Under Eyes After Surgery

+1

If the fat pockets were removed properly, most likely you are experiencing swelling.  Give it time to heal.  You should follow up with your Plastic Surgeon to address your concerns.  Best wishes!

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

Bags under eyes after surgery

+1

What you are experiencing is most likely due to swelling that will take several months to improve. Some patients are under treated as well, but it is probably too early to tell.

This does not mean you will heal in this fashion.

+1

You are still swollen after eyelid surgery.  The time to judge the surgery is after about 2 months.  Although very difficult to follow this advise, it is best to try not to judge the surgery until you are at this time frame.

Bags after transconjunctival blepharoplasty

+1

It is normal to have some swelling after transconjunctival blepharoplasty and this can take a few months to resolve completely.  At 16 days after your surgery, it is still too early to judge the results from your surgery, as the appearance will change with more time.  I would just give it some more time, and be sure to follow-up with your surgeon so that your results can be monitored.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon