I Did Lower Blepharoplasty and Face Lift 1 Month Ago. Uneven, Hollowness?

i did lower blepharoplasty and face lift 1 month ago. now under my right eye have hollow and right cheek is thinner than left cheek. under left eye looking so good . i think imy right eye will look in the future like today. may be it depends on the left eyes swelling but Im so scaring . i need or not to do essederm, juvederm and restylane in my cheek and under eye? my eyes scars is too deep looking . can i use Contractubex gel now after 1 month of the eye surgery? please answer dear doctors

Assymmetry and Healing after Face Lift & Eye Lift Surgery

+1

You should communicate with your doctor and review the photos which were taken before surgery. Many times, people notice the asymmetric features they naturally have after surgery because they study their faces in more detail after surgery than before surgery. Eyelid incisions typically are thicker in 1 month after surgery and don't require any topical medical treatment. I perform facelift with eyelid surgery routinely at my practice in New York and usually wait for at least 3 months before considering the placement of volume enhancing fillers.

New York Oculoplastic Surgeon

The patient face lift

+1

Time is on your side and your healing will not be perfectly symmetrical.  The most important point for you is good communication skills with your surgeon.  Perseverance is tough, but necessary.

Robert Shumway, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

The face takes time to heal

+1

Facelift surgery can generate a great deal of swelling that can take several months to resolve. For this reason I always instruct my patients that it may take well over six months before we can determine the final result. One month is not enough time to determine whether or not you will have lasting asymmetry. I would be patient and make sure to follow up with your surgeon to make sure that the healing process is progressing to his or her liking.

Todd C. Miller, MD

Too early

+1

It is way to early after surgery for you to worry about asymmetry. There is significant swelling in the first two weeks after surgery, and sometimes even longer than that. Furthermore, surgical scar will evolve and soften over a period of months. I would not consider revision surgery on anyone until the 3 month post operative visit, and sometimes even longer than that. Scars can mature for up to a year after surgery. Please be patient with your body and let it heal.

A.J. Amadi, MD
Seattle Oculoplastic Surgeon

Concerned about eye and cheek appearance.

+1

Photos or a direct face to face exam would be needed to accurately answer your question and concerns.  1 month is still early to see the final result but be sure to follow up with your plastic surgeon regularly.  There are options to help correct small contour irregularities and these should be discussed with your plastic surgeon so you have enough lead time to prepare.  Good luck.

Jeffrey M. Darrow, MD