I wore glasses on the day I removed my splint. I noticed swelling and few dents. Did I damage my healing process and results?

i worse glasses on the day i removed my splint following open revision rhinoplasty that involved bone-breaking, which my surgeon said is ok. I have been but every time i do i get swollen and now i noticed a few dents on my bridge.

Just Swelling

+1
You are not causing any damage or delay in the healing process. Your procedure

involved osteotomies of the bones of the nose. The dents are due to the swelling of

the skin and fat overlying the bones. Most likely there will be no effect on your final

aesthetic outcome. However, direct your questions to your plastic surgeon, so that

he/she is aware of your concerns.

Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Glasses After Rhinoplasty

+1
As long as your surgeon gave you the go ahead to wear glasses after rhinoplasty, I don't think that glasses have affected your recovery in any way. What you're describing sounds like a normal aspect of rhinoplasty recovery, but if you're still concerned you should consult with your surgeon.

Carlo Honrado, MD, FACS

Wearing Glasses After Rhinoplasty

+1
If your surgeon cleared you to wear glasses after your surgery then I'm sure that the indentations are most likely due to compression of the normal postoperative edema (fluid swelling in the soft tissues) of the nasal skin.  I would encorage minimizing the time that you wear the glasses or  purchase very light glasses, wear contact lenses or even tape the glasses to your forehead.  If the indentations persist after the soft tissue swelling has subsided, you should follow up with your surgeon.  

Bryan Ambro, MD
Annapolis Facial Plastic Surgeon

Glasses and Dents

+1
In general, I recommend patients tape the glasses to their forehead to keep them from resting on the nose in the early days of healing.  It takes weeks to months for all the swelling to subside after Rhinoplasty.  Follow up with your surgeon regarding the glasses.  

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

Glasses and dents

+1
If your surgeon O.K.'d you wearing glasses, it is unlikely it has affected your result. There will be swelling in and under the skin for weeks and the small amount of pressure that the glasses do put on the bridge push the swelling out and leave temporary dents. This issue will improve gradually over time.

Robert H. Hunsaker, MD