How Do I Know if I Did Any Damage by Blowing my Nose 1 Week Post Septorhinoplasty?

I got my stents and cast removed yesterday being day 6 post-op. The ENT Dr. had me blow my nose once removed. But today I blew it a few times with a bit of pain and then I read the forums stating you're not suppose to. Now I'm worried. I just assumed you can because he had me to do it yesterday. How do I know if I caused any damage?

Avoiding nose blowing after septoplasty

+1

It's unlikely you did any harm to your nose, but the best way to find out - and only way to be sure - is to follow up with your surgeon.  

Post Septoplasty Concerns Regarding Blowing your Nose

+1

Dear Libra in Toronto, 

The best thing to do is see your surgeon for a post operative visit. I do ask my patients not to blow their nose after surgery for the first few weeks and to open their mouths when sneezing. If any damage was caused unlikely, however I encourage my patients to see me anytime or call me personally with any questions so you may set your mind at ease during the recovery phase. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Web reference: http://www.michaelelammd.com

Blowing the Nose

+1

Good Question:  Call your surgeon today and explain what happened and ask his professional advice as your physician on the case.

San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon