Did I Do Damage by Accidental Exposure to Sunlight Immediately After Profractional Laser?

I'm 1 day out from having the profractional laser done @ 11% coverage w/ 150mn face & 100mn around the eyes. I'm light olive skinned and had an even skin tone to begin with. Today I'm noticing that, while my whole face is red, there are some dark splotches forming. I have followed all instructions from the doc except that I was in the sun a few minutes running from the clinic to car to pharmacy to car to house. It was overcast, so I thought it was okay. Could I have done permanent damage?

No, the pigmentation will fade.

+1
What you have is commonly known as PIH or post inflammatory hyperpigmentation and can occur with any laser procedure, RF, or even chemical peels. This is more common in olive or darker skin patients, and with the use of sunscreens, and a fading agent such as HQ or Lytera, it will fade. 
Protection from the sun is the key to management. 

All the best 

Dr Davin Lim 
Laser and cosmetic dermatologist
Brisbane, Gold Coast, 
Australia.

Brisbane Dermatologist