I did coolsculpting on my lower abdomen about 12 days ago but i got no results so far?

but my belly has become loose and looks bigger, it looked much better before this treament. I'm 40, 5'5' and weight 117 pounds and don't have children. I'm really disappointed, could yhou please let me knw what's going on? my Doctor tells me that it will get smaller but I don't trust him.

Swelling after CoolSculpting is normal

Swelling after CoolSculpting is real, so real that for our patients we will use an Ace-like compression wrap just to try and prevent the swelling that you mentioned. But, do remember, the results for this noninvasive removal of fat procedure take time, and time measured in months not 12 days, so be patient. Before you judge your result wait at least 2 to 3 months, with perhaps the best result even at 4 months.

Portland Dermatologic Surgeon

Swelling post CoolSculpt procedure is normal

It is normal immediately after CoolSculpting to have some swelling; however, it takes 12 – 16 weeks after treatment to see peak results. Therefore, at 12 days, we would expect that you would not have any results.

Steven Gabel, MD, FACS
Portland Facial Plastic Surgeon

Coolsculpting Results

12 days is a little early to expect results. It is not uncommon to get results within the first 3 weeks. Most patients will see results 4 to 6 weeks post treatment. However, on a rare case it is possible not to have results for 12 to 16 weeks.

Swelling is common and should resolve itself in the next few weeks.  

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

CoolSculpting and lower abdomen

CoolSculpting and lower abdomen works extremely well.  You cannot judge the results after just 12 days.  You may be temporarily swollen from the procedure itself. It takes up to four months to see the full effects. Wait at least three months and contact your treating physician. 

The CoolSculpting process

It sounds as though you may still be experiencing swelling from your CoolSculpting procedure. The CoolSculpting process works by freezing your fat cells to a point where they are programmed for cell death. The fat cells die and then the bodies lymphatic system works to eliminate them. Although I have had patients see results as early as 5-6 weeks, you will most likely see optimal results in 3 months time. Before you know it you clothes will be looser and your stomach will be flatter. Also, vibrational therapy assists in this lymphatic process. As a top CoolSculpting Complete provider we are able to provide vibrational therapy as well as rebates to get one area for free when an initial treatment is purchased. CoolSculpting Complete is an excellent choice to remove stubborn fat non-invasively.

Michael Law, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Swelling After CoolSculpting

Swelling is extremely common following CoolSculpting treatments. The degree of swelling varies by person and location of fat removal. In our extensive experience, my recommendation is to give it time. Optimal results are typically seen at 2-3 months.

Jeffrey B. Wise, MD, FACS
Wayne Facial Plastic Surgeon

At 12 days posttreatment, it is possible you have some residual swelling. Patients respond at different rates in terms of swelling and also in twerms of visible results. Most patients need 1-3 months to see their results.

Suzanne Kim Doud Galli, MD, PhD, FACS
Washington Facial Plastic Surgeon

Time to see results

Typically it takes 2-3 months to see results from Coolsculpting. In the short term, there may be swelling discuss with your surgeon.

We have extensive experience with and have had Coolsculpting for over three years and see great results in properly selected individuals, location and fat texture are key variables.

Steven Hacker, MD
West Palm Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

12 Days after Coolsculpting Procedure

You should start to see the results from your coolsculpting procedure somewhere between 2-4 months and the final result around the 6 month mark. Early on there may be swelling associated with having the procedure performed. Be patient and hopefully you will be very pleased with the result.

Best Wishes

Coolsculpting 12 days ago

Thank you for your question. At 12 days, you would not be expected to have any results yet from coolsculpting. The coolsculpting process takes time for the results to start to become evident, with most people seeing results after 3-6 months. Coolsculpting can create some early swelling, which is typically subtle, early in its course. This is a result of the fat cells responding to the cold therapy. Soon thereafter, the cells start to be eliminated from the body, and the results start to show.

For now, try to be patient. In properly selected patients, coolsculpting gives a very predictable result. Over time, your belly will start to show this.

Best of luck.

Jeff Rockmore