Did botox migrate?

I had botox injected into my crows feet/ around lower orbital rim. 2 days later, I can't smile all the way. Did the injector hit zygomaticus major/minor? The corners of my mouth do not come up. Thank you for any help!

Botox smile changes

+2

Dear citygal38, Botox does not migrate. It can diffuse for a small area, around the injection site. Thus, when Botox is injected around the eyes for crow's feet, some un-intended muscles can be affected. This happens if the injections are a bit too low, or if the number of units injected is a bit high, or if the Botox is used in a higher dilution. In your case, it could be the muscles resposible for raising the upoer lip, as in smiling. Fortunately, if this is the case, it resolves within a few weeks, spontaneously. 

Detroit Dermatologic Surgeon

Can't smile after botox

+1
What you describe is very unusual and surprising. First of all, Botox usually doesn't work in 2 days. Also, I have done over 10,000 injections and never seen the smile blocked by injections around the orbital rim. Check with the doctor that injected you.

Web reference: http://www.dkhoffmanmd.com

Los Gatos Plastic Surgeon

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.