Did I Affect my Nose from Squeezing the Sides?

I was in the shower and I got soap in my eyes. Not thinking about my nose, I squeezed with moderate pressure on my eyes and the sides of my nose to clear the soap. I immediately noticed the tenderness and pulled away--maybe a second of moderate pain. I had a closed rhinoplasty and septoplasty. It still appears normal and the pain/tenderness was only temporary. I can't see my doc until Monday, so am I probably fine?

Accidently Squeezing Nose in Shower After Closed Rhinoplasty

+1

Hi Danielle,

Sounds like your nose will be okay and that you need to be a little more careful with your nose after your rhinoplasty.  Hope that you love your new nose.  Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

+1

If there was only moderate pain without bleeding or subsequent swelling...you should be OK to wait until Monday but IMHO, you should still be seen by your Rhinoplasty Surgeon at that time to be sure all is OK.  

Rhinoplasty and squeezing

+1

Squeezing the  nose after having a rhinoplasty can be uncomfortable. I doubt that you did anything bad by just a small squeeze.  Go over this with your surgeon when you see him.

Squeezing Nose after Rhinoplasty

+1

Well, you probably got your answer today.  Usually after a rhinoplasty if you cannot see a difference in the way your nose looks, there is little chance of damage.  Any time the septum is altered as well, an internal exam should be performed.