Hello Will 500cc Give Me D or DD Look? (photo)

hello, im getting my surgery in 2 months, and still wondering about my surgeron sugestion, he will put me 500cc high profile... im confused maybe they will be bigger than i wanna? and maybe you have so photos with similliar situation to show me?

+2

The size of your breasts will depend on what you start with.  Generally 500cc implants will increase what you already have by two and a half cup sizes.  We find most women in our practice go with the moderate plus profile, this style implant has a broader base than the high profile and creates more clevage. 

Choosing your implant size

+1

Thank you for your question

In regards to breast size, the more breast surgery I do the more I realize that there is no correlation between the size of implant and resulting cup size.  This may have to do with several factors including: the amount of breast volume the patient starts with, the shape of the patient's chest wall (concave or convex), the type and model of breast implant selected (saline/silicone  and low/moderate/high profile), bra  manufacturer variance  in cup sizes, the  degree  of filling of the cup  with breast tissue,  and the subjective differences in patients perceptions of cup size. 
If surgery is decided upon, it will be very important to communicate your size goals with your surgeon.  In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful.

I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or “C cup” or "fake looking" means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.
I use  intraoperative sizers and place the patient in the upright position to evaluate breast size. Use of these sizers also allow me to select the press implant profile (low, moderate, moderate plus, high-profile) that would most likely achieve the patient's goals. The patient's goal pictures are hanging on the wall, and allow for direct comparison.
I have found that this system is very helpful in improving the chances of achieving the patient's goals as consistently as possible.
By the way, the most common regret after this operation, is “I wish I was bigger”.

500 cc implants

+1

Hi, it is tough to say by just looking at the pictures and without measurements, but overall a 500cc HP implant will increase your cup size by 2 sizes at least, so assuming you are a full B cup now, you could end up close to a full D cup with those implants. even though the same implants can look different on different patients, its is agreed that anything over 400-450cc is usually considered to be on the rather large side of average.

the best way is to consult with a board certified plastic surgeon and get measured correctly and maybe try some sample sizes on and look at many pictures to get an idea of how other patients look with 500cc HP implants.

Antoine A. Hallak, MD, FACS

Implants and cup size

+1

It is difficult to tell you for sure because all bra companies are a bit different. To give you a rough idea do a baggy test and get the bra you want to fill. However, this may not coincide with the right size implant for your anatomy.  An exam in person is key.

What bra size will I be post-op

+1

Samantha,

Plastic surgeons have differing ways of helping you decide upon an implant size. My preference is to take a series of measurements and then make a recommendation of ranges based on these measurements. I then allow patients to size with those implants in a sports bra. This is by no means perfect and you cannot state a bra size from it but my patients almost uniformly are satisfied with their end results. Bottom line is that you need to make this decision with your plastic surgeon. I wish you well.

Dr. Edwards

Michael C. Edwards, MD, FACS

500 cc implant and cup size

+1

The choice of implant for breast augmentation is an important part of the consultation process with your plastic surgeon. What make it difficult is the lack of correlation between the cup size and implant size. This is related to several factors including how much breast tissue you have, different bra manufacturers and different shapes of bras. 

To make the decision easier, talk to your plastic surgeon, show him/ her picture of what you want to look like and review therefore and after gallery in their office for patient who have close body frame and breast shape to you. This will ensure mutual understanding of your expectations and gives you more satisfaction after surgery.

Moneer Jaibaji, MD