I did a 24% TCA peel 48 hours ago. It is incredibly red and brown- it looks burned Is this normal? What should I expect? (photo)

This is not my first T.C.A peel- I have built up from 12% to 15% 18% and 21% percent before I did the 24%. This seems much deeper than the other peels- and it could be that I tried 2 layers and it frosted much more than before. I'm scared - I plan on staying inside until the 30th of November and being incredibly cautious after that. I just want to know - is this normal? What should I do? I don't want a huge permanent brown spot in the middle of my cheek. How long should I expect this to last?

I did a 24% TCA peel 48 hours ago. It is incredibly red and brown- it looks burned Is this normal? What should I expect?

+1

TCA peels can cause some brown discoloration. That brown skin then usually peels off at which point the new skin should appear below that pealed skin and continue to heal. Did you do the peel yourself? I suggest you make an appointment with the professional who performed the peel to give you a more accurate answer.

Columbus Facial Plastic Surgeon