Stretched Ear, Blowout Costs? (photo)

My ears are stretched to 1 1/8 inch. When I was at 1/2 inch I had a "blow out" in my right ear. From my understanding it is where you push the inside of your ear out. I was young and in a hurry to get to a bigger size so I ignored it. How much would it cost to have the lumpy "blow out" removed? and with it being so overwhelming is it possible to have it removed and my lobe not be to thin to continue stretching but yet still look normal? thanks!

Blowout of a gauge piercing

+1
Our office specializes in earlobe reconstruction and we often see patients who have a blow-out of their piercing holes. Most procedures are performed as an outpatient procedure. 

Raffy Karamanoukian MD FACS

Stretched Earlobe Repair

+1

Hi stretchedears,

Costs can very tremendously by region and by the experience of the surgeon. In our practice in Portland, Oregon, we charge $500 per ear. It is done under local anesthesia (with the option of oral sedation) in our office procedure room.

Thanks and good luck!

Michael Kim, MD

Michael M. Kim, MD
Portland Facial Plastic Surgeon

Earlobe repair costs

+1

In our office we charge $250 for small repairs, such as a torn out or elongated piercing from large earrings. For larger holes due to gauges, which require signficantly more work, we charge $400-$500 per ear.

Matheson A. Harris, MD
Salt Lake City Oculoplastic Surgeon

Gauged ear repair cost.

+1

The surgery to repair gauged ears or blowouts is a simple outpatient surgery. The cost is usually $500 per side.

Frank Agullo, MD
El Paso Plastic Surgeon

Gauges and ear lobe repair

+1

Repairing the lobe can be done after having gauges. They tend to be a bit more vascular than the straight forward torn earlobe.

Earlobe gauge repair

+1

Repairing earlobe gauges is really a pretty simple procedure.  Fortunately, you can remove a good sized portion of the lobe and there will still be plenty left to make a new one.  Actually, they look better if made a little on the small side. I usually charge about $250 to $350 per side.

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

Earlobe Repair with Enlarged Piercing Tract

+1

Earlobe repair in patients with more routine enlarged piercing tracts generally costs about $500 per ear.  However, with such distortion the earlobe, a much more extensive procedure is warranted and the price is likely to be double per ear.  A complete consultation is required for further information.

Stephen Prendiville, MD
Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon