Diced Cartilage Wrapped in Fascia for Creating Some Height in Revision? (photo)

I got inverted V dr said it'll be fixed with spreader grafts and on top can be layed dcf. He gave me the choice between donor rib and my own rib, I said I want donor but now I am concerned because the high resorption rate of it. What would you recommend for dcf donor or autolog rib? I want to ask the dr to put 2 layers of fascia over the DC to minimalize the risk of graft visibility. Also would 2 layers be more protective when I hit my nose accidently considering graft visibilty that can occur?

Diced cartilage and nasal dorsum

+1

Diced nasal cartilage from your septum or rib is fine. Irradiated is a good substitute with no donor site morbidity.

Diced cartilage wrapped in fascia for dorsal augmentation

+1

While some have reported consistent, long-term results with irradiated rib, most surgeons prefer the viability and permanence of autologous rib.  

The advantage of diced cartilage is that it virtually elimanates graft visibility.  With a single layer of fascia, graft visibility is not an issue as long as the cartilage is diced into appropriately small pieces.