Diastesis Recti Correction and Tummy Tuck?

Hello I had my second baby 5 years ago. I have diastesis recti with a big gap. I have no insurance!  It has been very frustrating having this because everyone thinks I'm pregnant and every time someone ask it just makes me cry. I know surgery to fix the Diastesis recti and tummy tuck is expensive and I'm unable to do it.  It seems this is affecting my life more than I thought it would. I like to know if there's a way I can have a surgery at much lower cost that I can pay.  Please help!

Buyer Beware

+1

I simpathize with your plight. Hwever, please be aware that leaving the country for cosmetic surgery is risky at best. There are some very good plastic surgeons outside of the US just like there are very poor ones. However, even in the best of hands, complications may occur. If you live in the US and travel abroad to have cosmetic surgery and subsequently have a complication, you will find it very difficult if not impossible for someone here in the US to take care of you. You will then find yourself in the position of having to travel back to the foriegn country at additional costs. The other factor to consider is that heathcare facilties in the US need to meet rigorous standards and the same cannot be said of those abroad. There can be many inscosistencies in the level of care abroad.

In the Us there aremany surgeons who offer various forms of financing that make this type of procedure affordable to most. Goos luck.

Tummy Tuck at an Academic Center

+1

I would caution against medical tourism to save costs.   In the event of a complication, it is often difficult to get back to your primary doctor, and you will have to pay additional out of pocket costs to be treated by a new surgeon.

Academic/ Teaching Hospitals typically offer a substantial discount to allow doctors in training to learn from your procedure under appropriate supervision.

I wish you a safe and healthy recovery.

Paul S. Gill, MD

Discounted tummy tuck

+1
I am sorry to hear about your problem. Inquire at a local teaching hospital about reduced rates for surgery performed by plastic surgery residents under faculty supervision. Unfortunately, such surgeries were extremely inexpensive back in the day and are no longer subsidized to the same degree by the hospitals. I would not encourage medical tourism as, if there are complications, you will find yourself back in the USA without insurance and the ability to address them financially.

Robert L. Kraft, MD

Yes may be done both diastesis rectus and TT

+1

yes you may check prices  at my site  click on  googlee: dr. ramon navarro and there trough medical tourism you might get the lowest prices and the best guarantee of satisfaction or you might ask to this page or  ask to surgery.org to get references about our  services meanwhile please dont  gain weight  much betteer loose more  lbs sincerely thanks

Ramon Navarro, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Discounted Diastesis Recti Correction and Tummy Tuck?

+1

Some university hospitals  have clinics where plastic surgery residents in training perform operations at a discount, so that would be your best bet.

Incidentally, insurers pretty much all consider diastasis repair to be cosmetic and not covered by their policies, so being insured would not help.

Thanks for the question, and good luck.