Is diastasis recti supposed to be excruciatingly painful?

I'm a 49 year old male diagnosed with diastasis recti, the surgeon said I was born with the condition and said other than diet and exercise there was nothing that could be done for it, but it is so painful when I have these attacks it's almost unbearable. Sometimes I'll have a couple a week and sometimes maybe a couple a month. I have a bit of a belly but I'm not obese, I'm 5'8 and weigh about 185. Do I have to live with this pain or is there something that can be done to cure this problem?

Diastasis Recti should cause little pain

+2
You have something else going on here.  You need to go to a gastroenterologist and have a full workup.   Gall stones or pancreatitis may be the culpret or even a gastric ulcer.    Ever woman who has had kids has disatasis recti but few have pain.  If it comes down to a diagnosis of diastasis recti as the true cause of your pain,  this can easily be repaired via an abdominoplasty or direct incision approach.   You need a medical workup of the complete nature.   My Best,  Dr C

Palo Alto Plastic Surgeon