Can my Diastasis Recti Be Repaired Without Too Many Scars?

I have a bad case of DR, after two children. Am thinking of having one more before getting the surgery. However, I would like to know if I will have really bad scars afterwards. It would be so nice to actually wear a two piece, something I have not done since I was a teenager. Thanks.

Diastasis Rectus Repair

Dear Ms. Diastasis New Jersey,

Virtually all tummy tucks repair the laxity in the abdominal wall musculature. This always includes repairing the widening between the two central muscles call a diastasis rectus repair. It is part of a normal tummy tuck. By the way, I would guesstimate that at least half the women I perform an abdominoplasty on have an undiagnosed umbilical hernia which I routinely repair at no charge while I am there. Yes, wait till you are done having children.

Good Luck!