Diastasis Recti (From Multiple Pregnancy with Severe TTTS, Laser). Repair - Abdominoplasty or Midline Laparotomy Scar Technique

abdominoplasty declined -offered midline laparotomy scar. When researching, repairs are done by abdominoplasty.Why is this.Are there downfalls/more risks or complications/different recovery times/is it general surgeons approach/is it a much cheaper way/Is it an older way/Is this route normally for emergency operations? If I just have the mucsles repaired, will I then be left with a slacker belly than now where the muscles have been tightened and then need a tummy tuck or aprenectomy after?

I need more information

Why was an abdominoplasty declined?  What is y our height and weight. That is the most important factor to determine what approach would be needed.

308 E 79th St
New York, NY 10075

Best diastasis recti repair requires open approach

Effective repair of rectus diastasis should be done through some type of abdominoplasty incision. This is going to provide the best fascial plication and decrease the risk of skin rolls or irregularities after. If done is isolation, which is very rare, then it could be done through a low mini-abdominoplasty approach with umbilical separation and reattachment.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Indiana University Health North Hospital
Carmel, IN 46032

Repair - Abdominoplasty

Abdominoplasty should be done by  direct vision to correct rectus  diastasis, besides you may do a lypectomy and  also a skin stretching at same  time.

endoscopy yes it corrects the problem also and it is less invassive than a normal TT but it results less efective  to correct the problem

Ramon Navarro, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Calle 54 No. 365 T